Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

MS SQL 2000 backup using BE 2012

Hi, We have the following details. Database - MS SQL 2000 SP4 (32bit). OS - MS Windows 2008 R2 Std. Now, as BE 2014 is not able to take backup of MS 2000 database server, we went ahead with BE 2012 R3. We will go ahead with a DEMO first then we ...

Resolved! BE 2014 and Sharepoint 2013 SQL running always on

We are in the process of testing Backup Exec 2014 against our QA Sharepoint 2013 environment. We see multiples of the following error message:   A selection on device Exempt User Agents\Metadata (CluserName01P\a5f2f1ee-d9d9-4020-afea-8dd5044e69e8) ...

Credentials Fail for MS SQL Server Backup

Hi All, I've just taken over a backup exec 2012 server and my main issue at the moment is that the person that set up the SQL backup, just did it as a file backup only - and had de-selected the MS SQL Server Instances. I've tried adding them to the...

Howdo i Backup my SQL 2014 Database

Hi, i can´t backup or even connect to my sql server 2014 Std Edition? What i did ... I disabled the firewall at the remote server. I added the service logon account to the security login of the sql 2014 server. I added the system account sysadmi...

JuergenB by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 SQL Database Backups - split from Volume?

In BE 2010 R3, it was strongly recommended to separate SQL Database Instance backups (using the SQL Agent) into a separate job from the volume backups - I see no mention of this in the BE 2014 Admin manual, but as I recall, it wasn't in the manual be...

sql backups on backup exec 2014

hi need advice please i am running backup exec 2014 and sql express 2008 i have a few sql databases so i have created two jobs one to do a full backup of files using afo and the other to follow on afterwards just backing up sql databases (witho...

Resolved! Licensing of Backup Exec

Hi, in customer that have this scenario bellow: 1 Host VMware with 4 VM's: VM1 = SQL VM2 = SQL VM3 = Exchange VM4 = AD;   And he has EMC Data Domain to do backup to disk. My mode of licensing bellow is correct ? - Deduplication option, to p...

Andre_Nunes by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2014 VSS VMware SQL

I have a BE 2014 server running in testing mode before I put it into production. I am trying to understand the impact of VSS with VM's that have Microsoft products installed (Exchange, SQL etc.)... I have some VM's which have Microsoft SQL in...

LozBC by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2014 logon account not editable

Dear All,   I check my backup job was failed because account issue, when i lookup to BE 2014 logon account it is not editable. They all are greyed out except for the server. This is normal? how can i edit my logon account for different database? H...

MSI_iqbal by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VMware vSphere backup with GRT and SQL

I`m trying to combine virtual machine GRT backup on VMware vSphere 5.5 with traditional agent backup of MS SQL Server (Windows 2008 R2). Every time VM backup brakes incremental chain of MS SQL agent backup. I know I am not the first one with this pro...

Bisti by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Getting error V-79-40960-37914

I recently started gettin error V-79-40960-37914  when run mySQL data. I have tried to do full backup on SQL server 2005 using Studio console but I dont know the reason why Symantec just doesnt complete the backup for me. any help appreciated.

After converting to VMWare MS SQL won't start

Hello, maybe someone can help me. After full backup of Windows 2008 R2 server (with MS SQL) we duplicated (I mean P2V convert) it to VMWare. But then we started converted server the MSSQL instances didn't start (we have two). In log file I have fo...

jonaszal by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012: Backup ESXi VM with GRT and SQL Database

Hello everyone I have read across a lot of discussion threads and solution links, but somehow I just don't this szenario to work without error messages. I have one back job that backs up about 8 VMs during the vCenter Server with GRT. On one of the...

choose sql server

Help guys, this is the error i'm getting i keep on getting this error, cannot connect to microsoft SQL server

getto by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 health check guide

Hi, i'm a newbie to this backup exec 2012, and recently we have active contract on supporting this Backup Exec 2012.  By supporting this, we need to perform health check or software preventive maintenance on the servers equipped with backup exec 201...

Labels