Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

New to Backup exec 2012

Hi. Im new to Backup Exec 2012..  Im putting in some new hardware and am configuring a backup Server. I want to backup an Exchange Server and SQL Server currenty installed on other Servers.  In older versions of backup exec you could install Paid for...

Agent for Linux - Job finished with exceptions

Hello, i had recently installed the Agent for Linux for the first time and the backup job seems to work but i get some exceptions every time: V-79-57344-34128 - Linux Snapshot-Technology: An error occured while creating a snapshot for one or more Vol...

_Bugs_ by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BE 2012 - Agent cannot be installed

This is the second of my two issues, the other one is about SP1a which I just posted, and again because I can't log a call with support - that word is an oxymoron with Symantec I believe. I have one server that will not allow the installation of the ...

chudless by Level 4
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

V-79-57344-759

We are seeing V-79-57344-759 (Error opening VFF) from time to time when backing up Exchange. In the knowledgebase we found that this issue is solved with SP2, however we already applied SP2 and the error still occurs from time to time. The error mess...

harsi by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Diferencial Centos

Hola, buenos dias.. Les comento mi problema. Acabo de instalar el Agente en Centos, y puedo acceder al servidor desde el programa correctamente, el problema es que al momento de hacer un backup diferencial, despues de un completo, me levanta el backu...

Resolved! BackupExec 2012 SBE licensing, Hyper-V granular restore

I have small network for which I need to find a backup solution: 1 x physical Windows 2008 R2 acting as fileserver and MS-SQL 2008 server1 x physical Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V host that contains: 1 x Windows 2003 acting as AD domain controller and MS-S...

Resolved! Problem to use a remote media server with tape library

Hi Experts. I have a little problem that i can't solve that.   I have two servers. first is my Active Directory, that i have installed backup exec. the second is my Hyper-V Server. I have a device that i can put 7 tapes, and each day i use one and it...

Resolved! Backup VMDK, GRT Disabled, sem autenticação de VMs

Ola pessoal! Estou precisando de uma mãozinha, estão configurando um job de backup, adiciono meu vCenter, visualizo todas as maquinas virtuais, até tudo ok. mais preciso fazer backup somente do VMDK, com o GRT desabilitado. Ao tentar fazer backup do ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12 Reinstallation

Hi, I would like to Uninstall and Reinstall our Backup Exec 12 for windows servers, and we have DELL power Vault 132T tape library. We some windows servers and remote Red hat Linux servers, and database running on SQL server and Informix. Please prov...

shakeelmo by Level 3
Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Slow Backups on deduplication storage

Hi I was previously using backup exec 2010 with a LTO3 tape library Job rates were fairly good, around 3000 MB / Minute   I switched to Backup Exec 2012 and to deduplication and disk based storage. I am actually using a brand new server with 24GB RAM...

unarcher by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos

Exclude errors from becoming a Warning.

We are running backup exec 2012 with SP1a and the latest updates on a windows 2008 R2 server.    The backup of our Vmware Vcenter Server has virtual machines wich are all backupped by one GRT job. Only one specific server generates the error below ...

JvL235 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Backing up Exchange on a VM

Hi,    Our Exchange server resides on a hyper-v VM.  Currently, I backup the Info stores in a separate job, and then the local drives in another.  Is this the recommended way of doing this or should I be backing up the VM using the agent with GRT ena...

B77 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

linux agent based on ldap login

Hello I'm using backupexec 2010 in linux based envirement and have following problem with agent. All my linux boxes have mostly only ldap accounts and I want to use one(shared) ldap account for backupexec operation. My communication between BE server...

Era2000 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Downgrade Agent 2010 > 12

Hallo alle zusammen. Ich haben in einer bestehenden Backup Umgebung Version 12 auf einem anderenTestserver Backup Exec 2010 (Testversion) installiert und auf einem Produktiv Server den Backup Agent von Version 12 auf Version 2010 aktualisiert. Nun is...

AlexGr_ning by Not applicable
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RHEL 5.8 BackupExec job fails with 0xe0008442 error

Full error message is: Job ended: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 5:08:12 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008442 - A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory. Final error category: System Errors For ...

cclonch by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 Job failing

Hi All   I have an QNAP Turbo NAS where I am storing data, I have a 2008R2 Standard server where I have backup exec 2012 installed with    1. SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 OPTION LIBRARY EXPANSION WIN PER DEVICE BNDL COMP UG LIC EXPRESS BAND S ESSENTIAL 12...

Muazzam by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! GRT Exchange 2010 backup fails with BE2012

Hello,   Following situation: 1 media server, running 2008R2 and BE2012 (Sp1a). One virtual Exchange server, running w2k8r2 and Exchange 2010 on VMWare. I make backups through the VMWare agent of all virtual servers without problems. However: My GRT ...

Problem with Agent Update

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, seit kurzem bekomme ich folgende Fehlermeldung: Sichern- samba Auf dem Remote-Computer wird eine ältere Version des Backup Exec Remote Agent ausgeführt. Sie müssen den Remote Agent aktualisieren, um eine sichere Kommuni...

mars_ltd by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels