Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup of Exch 07 can't fail, it never finishes

I'm new to troubleshooting backups, so any advice or a starting point would be great.  Here's whats up.  We have BackupExec 11d attempting to backup our Exchange 2007 environment.  The backup gets to the First Storage Group and does not complete.  Wi...

BaldMan by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shadow Copies and CPS

I enabled Shadow Copies and changed the location to a separate volume for my snapshots. By default the Shadow Copies schedule creates two shadow copies per day. As I am using CPS to schedule when my snapshots run is there any way to turn off this sch...

BE 11d 7170 - Exchange 2007 Backup issues

Backing up Exchange Server 2007, media server on separate Windows 2003 Server. Following installation of hotfixes SP1,11,22,24,26 to cure numerous issues I now have a problem where individual mailbox restore does not work. I was getting the 'install ...

Copying Policies between media server

I have two identical servers running x64 BE 11d, with SP1 and Hotfix 21. Both are CPS servers and access shared storage using the SSO. All is fine, but I am unable to copy policies (or selection lists or jobs) between the two servers. Attempts to do ...

nicktf by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database not backed up

Hello I have a job that runs on my servers once a week and takes a backup of all mssql databases that reside on it. Although it now keeps saying \xxx database cannot be accessed. I can open them fine in sql manager, the databases are alive and online...

Exchange 2003 backup to tape horribly slow

Hey all, I'm having more 11D build 6235 troubles. My exchange mailbox backups are going ridiculously slow, around 80mb/min. It's taking 6.5 hours to back up only 100 mailboxes (around 32 gig), which is just unacceptable. With BE 10D it was considerab...

Backup Exec Linux RALUS Remote Agent

I am having trouble getting my Linux server to show up on the Backup Exec Selection List. I installed the RALUS agent on the Linux server and it installed fine. However, it doesn’t show up in the Favorite Selections, or any where else on the selectio...

Labels