Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 don't write on empty tape

Hi there, we replaced some tapes in our HP tape library cause the end marker was not readable and the fatal write and read errors were increased. After an inventory the new tapes are shown by BE2012, but the library won't use these new tapes. I al...

AVPtech by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM Domino 9.0.1 - BE 15 continue support

there is a wish to hope that support Domino 9.0.1 in Backup Exec will be resumed as your products were bought and complete working capacity from them is expected

Stasa by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New-BEBackupDefinition creation fails

I am using BE2014. Trying to create new Backu definition using following command.  Get-BEAgentServer AUTO-W2K8R2-32B | New-BEBackupDefinition -FileSystemSelection 'C:\temp\tdir58449' -Name backup_definition_Full_953297 -BackupJobDefault BackupToDed...

Resolved! Can I make stand alone exe file of BE without master server?

Hi all I am using BE 15 environments which consists of 1 master server 10 BE agent for Windows.  Sometimes, I need standalone BE without connection of master server. Can I make stand alone exe file of BE? or push stand alone agent file?  

Jake_kang by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! License- need information

we have enough Backup Exec 15 licenses of “Agent for Windows” but not “Agent for Applications and Databases”. We wonder the consequences of only having Agent for Windows license for backing up the below server types:   SharePoint FarmExchangeMicros...

Backup Exec Alert: Database Maintenance Failure

Hi All, Server OS:-  MS Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition  SP2 BE Version:- Backup Exec 2010 R2 Database maintenancce failed  with below error message. ------------------ Summary of database maintenance activity: * Saved contents of BEDB datab...

Durgar by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup fails with VSS error

I am backing up a large (~3 TB) file server.  I am able to get a full backup over the weekend, but I've been having more and more problems getting a good differentiual backup during the week.  The error I get is as follows: Snapshot Technology: Init...

Advanced Open File does not work on Linux Debian

I am testing  BE 2015 with Feature Pack 4 and trying to do LVM snapshots on Linux Debian 7. According to SCL Debian 7 does  support Advanced Open File. I don't see an option in the Advanced Open File for LVM snapshots so I set it to Hardware - Use te...

problem with tape

Hi guys, I have one server with be 12.5 (yes i know, is very old). From 3 weeks i have a problem with a tape lto 3 (400gb) on hp ultrium (Its works perfecrly since 2007)   Only one tape of set fails: the error is "tape  full" (it fails around 70%...

Resolved! Backup Storage Appliance

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, I cannot find a better section in this forum.  Sorry if it's not the right place, please move it to a better appropriate place.   I am using the backup exec 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 backup s...

kha by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Hyper-V module

Hi, I have my media server using Win 2008 R2 Std x64. I installed Hyper-V module (60 days trial) in Backup Exec 2010 R3 (licenced). I hava also two servers with Win 20012 in cluster and with Hyper-V service. I did remote install of the agent in bot...

Resolved! SQL 2012 Compatibility / Pre-installation check failures

Hi, I'm trying to install a trial of BE 15 on a Windows 2008 server running SQL 2012 SP3 (all latest updates/patches installed.) When running the pre-installation checks it tells me we're running an incompatible version of SQL. See attached. I've ma...

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 fresh installation to FP4

I  would like to do fresh installation of BE 15 FP4 on WindowsServer 2012 R2 Std. Can I use iso- image of FP4 directly, or do I first need to install all previous FP's too? If I unpack iso- image to local disk, does installation work from there too?...

Backing up selective folders in a home directory

I am currently running backup exec 15 in my organisation.  At the moment all of the users personal network shares are stored under one folder called "Home Directories". It is currently configured as one backup job and this backup is over 2TB, which ...

gilronan by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ciphers

greetings community. I have some backups that run with encryption, but if it reinstall Backup Exec 2012 how do I use old keys or to restore without any problems?   Thanks.

alejo24 by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Claves de cifrado

Cordial saludo.   Cuando activo la opción de cifrado de BE 2012, él me permite asignar una clave, pero dónde queda guardada la llave? si reinstalo cómo puedo restaurar información que ha sido cifrada? Gracias.  

alejo24 by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels