Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! BE 2014 Expired Backup Sets not deleting

Hi, I am experiencing issues with our BE 2014 after recently updating to SP2 and the most recent hotfix.  The backup sets that I am manually expiring are not deleting from the disk storage that it is associated with.  I have tried reading through num...

nutex by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Drive Warning or Crit Alert flag help

New to the product and received an email with a tape error. Can anyone assist with what this error is, and any next steps solutions would be greatly appreciated Event Code:                      0x84 - tape alert             Element number:         ...

UNC storage - the path appears to be an invalid path

I would like to duplicate some backups to a UNC storage. Backup exec 15 gives an error; the path appears to be an invalid path. Logged in as domain administrator at the Backup exec server. Has all rights at the share. Can access it from the Backup A...

qbasker by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Disable automated credentials test for excluded resources

We are backing up some servers with SQL instances which are intentionally excluded from backup in Backup Exec.  However daily we receive the alert "Warning: Job Warning: The automated credentials test failed for the following server or servers. Selec...

Question about Backup Exec encryption

Hello, I've implemented a Backup Exec 15 solution to back up our data (including NDMP, VMs, Domino). We are only doing backup to tape (LTO-5) It works fine :)   Now my manager asks me if it is possible to encrypt the tapes that we ex...

s90 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 periodically crashes

BE 2014 SP2 with Hot Fix 227745 on W2K8 R2. Hi all - I have an unpredicatable server that I reboot on a weekly basis as this tends to limit the crash, anyway, the crash is usually kicked off by the following error in the system event viewer which th...

davidn1 by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Need Help Setting up my Backup Exec 2010R3

I have Backup Exec 2010 R3 setup to backup 2 Scheduled Jobs. I only want the data to be retained for 2 days and then overwrite data older than 2 days. Under Media Management Level: I have Partial - Protect only allocated Media w/ Prompt Unselected ...

lrazo by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ready; No idle devices are available

Hallo, I wanted to do a restore and at the Moment there are enought free tape drives available. But for all my tape Jobs I've got the Status "Ready; No idle devices are available". The customer has 4 free tape drives. This is what I've checked unti...

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 license error

Hi everyone, I had error on backup exec 15 license and I already attach in this topic, could anyone can help me out, Thank in advanced

Minh_Nguyen by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

V-RAY BE 15 Be Aware of SURPRISE licencing Change !!

Hi, I discover a FUNNY news for all V-Ray Edition On BE 15..... Page 15 of licencing Guide..the surprise is that you need to buy a Windows Agent for backup the media server....take a look... Extract from the guide V-Ray Edition has 2 tiers. Purch...

Sterckmans by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cancel Pending...

Hi, I need to edit a backup Job, but a verify Job was running. So I canceled it. Now the verify Job hangs at "Cancel Pending". Does anybody know of a way to force the cancel of any Job? At the Moment there are around 20 other backup Jobs running, s...

Resolved! VMDK Restore Using Command Line

Hi All, Is there any command or script available to restore VMDK file using Backup Exec 2012? We are planning to automate the process, so in need to script or command to run from master server? Please provide your inputs. Thanks and Regards Riya...

Device Pool, Concurrent Operation

Backup Exec 2010 R3 on Server 2003. Two Tandberg 8-slot autoloaders with one drive each, placed in a device pool. If I set my jobs to target the pool only one job runs at a time. To use both devices at the same time, I have to target the devices i...

Labels