Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Server 2012 issue failed job to backup

Hello! I get issue about Backup Exec Server 2012 version 14.0 rev. 1798 (64-bit), from my customer. The server have always failed to backup recently. When I open the console, at Backup and Restore it showing 6 Active Alerts with the Status : Job F...

Barkah_MLPT by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error When Restoring Individual Mailbox

I have problem when restoring individual mailbox using backup exec 2010 R3 SP2 (exchange 2010) . When i restoring individual mailbox , i got an error like this picture below I do searching how to resolve the issue like : 1. Check user credential whe...

Resolved! Backup Exec service jammed in "starting" state

Been running Backup Exec 9.1 on our Windows Server 2003 R2 successfully for many years. Reboot every few weeks to apply windows updates. Rebooted last Wednesday. When restarted Backup Exec Server service stuck as "starting". I can't stop it because a...

Every few days one of the jobs will start but not finish

Every few days one of the jobs will start but not finish, but I believe it has finished. I then have to cancel the job, then it goes into cancel pending state and then I have to restart the services or reboot the whole server. Has anyone seen this be...

Maz321 by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Event ID 58053

Hi all, I have BE2012 installed on a server running Win 2008 R2 64 bit. I had encountered the following error message in my email as i configured it to sent email alert to me in case anything is wrong with BE2012: (Server: "PCOS") (Job: "Inventory De...

Resolved! Backup exec 12.5 - alert on elapsed time

Hi all, I need to know when job last more than a certain time (i.e. 20 hours). Is there a way to create an alert for jobs last too much or to create a report with running jobs running for more thane a certain time? Thanks in advance

Resolved! 0xe0001904 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status

Hi, Backup job has been failed due to "0xe0001904 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status" error. A review of the event logs on the Exchange server at the time of the failure reports: Event ID : 9840  Event ID: 9814 Event ID: 9609 As per arti...

Very slow backup rate from vSphere Hosts to Media Server

Hi, We have recently upgraded from Backup Exec 2010 R2 to 2012. After the upgrade we found that the backups of our VMs from our ESXi 4.1 hosts to the local disk on our media server are running at about 180MB/M.However backups of files in a VM with th...

Abram by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Centralised Backup

At present I have backup Exec running individually on each server to its own tape device. (18 Servers)  I want to  change this setup to a centrally managed backup to one multi load RDX device.   Can anyone tell me which products I need to install a...

Majid_M by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 - EV Agent - Error Connecting to Database

Hello,      I am running Backup Exec 2010R2 with the Enterprise Vault Agent license installed.  I have an Enterprise Vault 10.0.2.1112 system, single server, all roles installed and the SQL databases are on a separate server running SQL Server 2008. ...

Resolved! Problems with backup taking too long and not finishing.

Hi all,   I am just posting looking for advise with an issue we have been having for a while, backup exec isn’t backing up on a server of ours. We have replaced the tape, used a cleaning tape but we can’t seem to fix the issue we are having with back...

Resolved! Queued Job

Hi,   I've a Backup Veritas 12.5 that works on a W2003R2. I use a LTO Ultrim 3. All patxes are applied. Since last week, on my working job, the backup state keeps in queue mode althought the device is online, and there is no way to put the status in ...

Backup Exec 2010 R3 creating many ASP.Net errors

Hello, Backup Exec 2010 is not processing a job, but is listed as using 25-30% CPU and 1.2-1.5 gb of RAM on a 2008 server with 10 gb of RAM. Event Viewer shows many of the following entries: Log name: application Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 EventID...

Labels