Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed. Final error category: System Errors

Hi there, I have a Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition 64bit and I have Backup Exec 2010 R3 installed. I had successful backups for the last three years. I tried to create a new backup job three weeks ago and was never successful. I did update the so...

Resolved! Données endommagées sur Backup excec

Bonjour, J'ai un problème au niveau de la sauvegarde, est-ce que quelqu'un peut m'aider Voici l'alerte venant de backup exec Le travail a échoué avec l'erreur suivante : Données endommagées rencontrées. Consultez le journal des travaux pour plus d...

Jah_To by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How many Licenses do I need?

Hello, this is my first topic here, so, please, do not blame me, if something is wrong. We are preparing to upgrade our backup environment from 2010 R3 to new version 15 or 14. I went throuth the License Guide of 15 and didn't find exact answer of ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2015 and SQL Database files missing

Hello,  my collegue created a backup job in backup exec 2015 (backup C: and D: of a SQL Server) (looks like the SQL Database files a missing, but why?) One of the RAID Harddisk had Smart Errors and meanwhile the server didn´t start/boot and we ne...

Resolved! Cleaning slot "missing"

We just installed an upgraded tape library. New one is TL-2000 In the oper control panel, I have the TL-2000 set to 'auto-clean' However, the BExec user interface under 'slots' does not show that specific slot number as if it dsnt exist. I decided ...

Resolved! Job rate on backup.

I just replaced our tape library from a Dell Powervault "older model" to a Dell TL-2000. I did a 4 GB backup job to get a feel for the speed of the job rate. The job rate came in at about 450Mb/min. We have had other jobs come in a 1.6GB/min. Ques...

Server 2003 R2 Rebuild - Backup Exec 12 Restore Instructions

I have a Windows 2003 R2 Standard Server where the drives died so I need to do a complete rebuild of OS. I am running Symantec Backup Exec 12. What is the process for restoring all the files, system state and SQL databases? I am unclear on what to...

Sabre17 by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec DR

Hi,   I need to know a DR solution.    What if my BackupExec server crashed how do I restore my files the fastest way?   Any advise please? I'm using BackupExec 2010 R3

tyk by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Moving Mailboxes and Backup Exec

Hi,   I am looking to move mailboxes to a new DAG which has been redesigned for our needs. I am wondering if I need to add the new DAG to the current backups on Backup Exec 2010 and how I do this? I am very new to backup exec and I have just inheri...

MrCD by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Restoring Active directory with BE2014

Hi there, first of all - I don't have an actual problem, just thinking about "what if...". Ok, what, if I have to revert my AD to an earlier point of time. I now about authorative restores but I hope I can accomplish this only with BE. Currently w...

Resolved! About BE 2015 migration

Hi, Currently run BE 2010 R3 and BE 2012 sp4 in 2 servers. I am planning to migrate both to BE 2015. For BE server migration, am I just direct install BE 2015 ? Anything need to prepare / do before ?For agnet, am I just copy installation files of ...

Dúvidas com restore de Dag Database Exchange 2010

Olá Tenho o BackupExec 2014 e estou fazendo um backup dos meus servidores de DAG. Eles rodam Exchange 2010. Gostaria de saber quais os procedimentos que preciso fazer para realizar uam operação de restore de um Database completo. Achei algum materi...

Resolved! SQL Express 2008 r2 failing to install

Good People, This is a very frustrating moment for me. I am installing Backup Exec 15 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with AD and Exchange deployed on the same machine. I have run the environment assessment successfully.When I attempt to instal...

Nqabeni by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Doesn't backup to tape library, connected to Linux Server

Hi all. I apologize for my bad English. I have one issue with BackupExec. I have 3 servers (you can see it on attached picture). Data from srv3 must be copied to StoreEver connected to srv1 by FC. BackupExec Server is installed on srv2 (that can...

Disable automated credentials test for excluded resources

We are backing up some servers with SQL instances which are intentionally excluded from backup in Backup Exec.  However daily we receive the alert "Warning: Job Warning: The automated credentials test failed for the following server or servers. Selec...

Configure Local Disk

The above dropdown doesn't offer Server 2012(R2) but that's what im running on... Anyway, i have a local drive E: that has a bunch of our archived data on it (outside Backup Exec, it's just copies of files). I'd like to create a new folder for Backu...

DLM is not physically clearing out USB HDD

Good morning,   I am running Backup Exec 15.  I've noticed for the last few days that DLM is successfully removing the expired backup sets from the database, but it is not reclaiming the physical space on the disk.  It did do this at one point.  I ...

Resolved! Two jobs with same LTO drive to append backups to the same tape?

Hello, I have two jobs to be executed with the same LTO drive to append backups to the same tape: Job1: Starts at 03:00 completes around 08:00 Job2: Starts at 04:00 and takes around 3 hours How to configure the two jobs so Job2 start to appe...

Jalil by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels