Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 20.3 Beta registrations are now open!

We are pleased to inform you that registrations for Backup Exec 20.3 Beta program are now open.This NEW Beta program for upcoming release of Backup Exec contain some new features such as support for Windows Server 2019 and Exchange Server 2019, Retry...

smusale by Level 4
Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Missed Duplicate Jobs

Hi guysProbably a daft question but I was wondering of anyone could clear it up for me please?We have scheduled month ends to virtual tape and then a cooresponding duplicate that is triggered on completion of the month end that then writes that data ...

Backup Exec integration with Veritas Access

In this Veritas video, we share insight on Backup Exec integration with Veritas Access – a software-defined storage solution that allows the use of commodity hardware of choice. Please read more on Veritas Access, on Veritas.com.

VarunVerma by Level 3
Employee Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Missing List items from Sharepoint Restore

Hello all,I've been tasked with backing up/restoring data from a sharepoint 2013 farm and having issues with seeing the list items on restore. I've added the RAWS to the SQL box(2012 SQL/2008 server) and to the sharepoint box(2012 R2 server) and was ...

S3 Cloud Storage error

Trying to get a Cloud storage Device setup on BU 15 (version 14.2 rev 1180).Everything works and but at the step when entering server name and logon account I get the message "There are no storage locations found on the server.". If I change the user...

Sepps by Level 0
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Moving Backup Sets to Another Disk Storage Location

We're replacing a NAS used for disk storage with a new larger one and I need to transfer the backup sets from the old to the new. I've read some posts stating that I need to run duplication jobs on all the backup sets to the new storage, but this see...

mari by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SAN Mode Transport

Hi All, I am planning to setup SAN transport mode to backup the VM servers and shared folders on my SAN Storage directly to tape thru fiber channel.Here is my current environment:The ESXi Host is connected to the SAN Switch and the LAN Switch.The SAN...

Resolved! Restore NDMP Tape to Windows

I have Backup Exec 2010 R3 installed on Windows 2008 R2. This is our legacy tape backup solution before we went to a disk based system. I have hundreds of tapes and keep Backup Exec around for old restores. We used to have a NetApp with CIFS shares ...

john415 by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error E000E020 on Backup Exec 2014.

Hello all,I would like to make a question regarding error E000E020, the error message I've been having in a remote site is:"e000e020 - The duration that this job is allowed to remain scheduled has passed. It will be rescheduled. Verify that storage i...

Backup Exec 16 Feature Pack 1 Now Available!

Backup Exec 16 Feature Pack 1 is Now Available! See https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec-Blog/Veritas-Backup-Exec-16-FP1-is-Now-Available/ba-p/829461 for details!

BackupMikko by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Queries on restore of domain controller

I have a primary domain controller and a secondary domain controller and I would like to know how these restores operate actually.When I do an SDR restore does it do an Authoritative restore? Or a non authoritative restore? Or is there any option tha...

Backup exec

Hi,We have been using Backup exec 2010 R2 for last 5 years. we didn't do any upgrades yet, however now we want to upgrade our VCenter. Backup Exec 2010 support only till Vecenter v 4.1. we had veritas maintannce contract till 2014, so we can install ...

cjo by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels