Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Hi All, We have a Quantum Superloader 3 and were running Backup Exec 2010 R2. Compression was working fine and with the LTO 5 tapes it was all fitting on a single tape. We then upgraded to R3 and we get no compression. I can force compression to be e...

Resolved! Help on uninstalling Backup Exec 12.5

I have an install of Backup Exec 12.5 on a system running Windows Server 2003 (32bit). I am attempting to uninstall it, but am receiving an error on uninstall. That error states, "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that...

AWMCo by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Periodic tape backup throughput issues

I’m having a perplexing throughput issue with my tape backups.  Every two weeks (on a Tuesday for the past two months) my tape backup throughput decreases dramatically – from 1,360 MB/min to 130 MB/min.  The speed decrease happens regardless of the ...

Help with restoring individual email with Backup Exec 2010

Hello everyone;                              I'm new in the forum and is my first post :o).  I have looked around but haven't found a solid answer to the following question:  I use Backup Exec 2010 and I'm trying to restore a single email from a user...

lcelada by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 64 bit remote agent

Hello, I am running backup exec 2010 version 13.0 rev 2896, 32 bit edition. I am trying to do a redirected restore to a 64 bit Windows Storage server (SAN).  I have installed the backup exec remote agent (64 Bit) on the SAN.  The problem is that bac...

Resolved! Backub job properties and view summary (different??)

I'm quite new in using Backup Exec so maybe I do something wrong ... The issue is this :  I have list of jobs. When I look properties of my job (named backup 00051) , there is dot infront : "Append to media, terminate job if no appendable media is a...

Move DLO Data

Hi! I need to transfer DLO data from Backup Exec 2010 Server to a file server. The file server is not a Backup Exec Server. Only Backup Exec Agent is installed in it. I have already changed the Storage Location Path from DLO Options and selected tha...

Resolved! SQL files in use not getting backed up

SQL files in use not getting backed up   I am looking to backup SQL files. Having selected the top directory I found that some files are not included in the backup even though it is selected to be backed up. I understand that this is due to the files...

Ruska by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2010 locking profiles

We have a single Server 2003 box running Terminal services. The backups are scheduled each night and complete the following morning. We recently upgraded BE from v11d to v2010. Since then we are having problems with profiles locking after the backu...

WarrenB by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010R2 agents upgrade

Hi All, I've just successfully install BE 2010 R2, i wonder if i should upgrade the agents in all o my systems (Exchange, SHarePoint, SQL Server or Domain Controllers) for it to work properly ? from the what's new the R2 only affecting SharePoint s...

Resolved! BE2010 Remote Agent Exchange 2003 Issue

Hi, I have recently purchased BE2010 from Techsoup, It is licensed as NFR which gives access to all remote agents (I was previously using Backup Exec 10). My current setup consists of two servers both running Server 2003 SP2, one acts as a files serv...

Resolved! How get Backup Exec to delete snapshots?

With Advanced Open File option turned on in Backup Exec, snapshots are created for VMWare virtual machines.  These snapshots are not deleted after the backup completes, however.  How can I get these snapshots to automatically delete?

ScotH by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How change Snapshot date format?

Backup Exec is creating snapshots of VMWare virtual machines, and these snapshots appear in VMWare's Snapshot Manager.  The date format for the snapshots is in the format of dd/mm/yyyy, however.  Is there a location in Backup Exec to change the forma...

ScotH by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Archiving video and media

I am new to this level of back up and archiving.  I would like some tips or just be pointed in the direction of help.  I am using BE12.5 and a Quantum LT0-4 system for long term archiving of finished video programs.  I have used similar systems a num...

Time inside reports is off

Time inside reports is off in BE 2010  If i go to tools > audit log I see everything with the correct time . 8/24/2010 7:40:45 PM                 Devices and Media           Media : 2TUB02 has been overwritten by job C-Production-MF-SLX-Daily....

Labels