Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Advanced Open File Option - should I be using it?

Hi All, Ive been having numerous problems with backup exec and the error "Final error: 0xe000fed1 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status." The option I had set for the backups was that this isnt ticked - should I be using it and if so whats ...

Resolved! Backup Exec with DPM in same tape library

Hi every one, I have a case and want to share it with all of you to can get any idea to solve it, I need to install and work with two backup software for some times for some complicated company roles , and we already have backup exec software tested ...

mhosni22 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup- EX02 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Backup- EX02 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Hello Support, I am currently running Exchange 2010 in DAG Enviroment consisting of 5 Servers e...

mshaikh by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

when restoring there only empty folders and no data

Hey Guys, I'm kind of new to backup exec 2010 R2 but I have a few questions. First let me put a scenario together to help illustrate my question.  I want to restore my data from the tape. The process restore is always completed successfully. But when...

solim by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 R2 and Exchange 2010

Hi folks. I had recently rebuilt our back up server and moved the OS to Server 2008R2. I have a tape library attached (TS3100) and a 1.6 TB disk array for backing up Exchange 2010 to disk and then to tape. I also have the Exchange plug-in and it seem...

Slow job rate using backup to disk.

Here is my scenario.  I have 2 ioSafe hazard proff 1TB external hdd's.  One is on sight and works great, runs daily and monthly backups with average job rates of 550-600 mb/min.  Since our backups are 110gb this is fine for us as they take about 4-5 ...

Chizzad by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Disaster Recovery for Laptops and Desktops

I have used BE for file level protection for years but not for Desktop and Laptop protection and recovery.  Are there any straight forward articles that discuss the concept of total laptop and desktop protection in the event of a catastrophic disaste...

RayLab by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sites integration

Hello, we have currently 2 sites - one with several servers and backed up via robotic library - one with single server with tape library both running BE 2011r2 (latest version), but each one is stand alone installation. We are going to create another...

Pechar by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having an issue with incremental backup on 10d

I know I'm using an older version, but I'm sure I'm just not setting something up right. I wand to get incremental backups of 36gb worth of data onto a second internal set of hard drives.  Then a Week end full backup, and a month end full backup.  I ...

DaddyW123 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Agent Update: Error connecting to the remote registry of Server

I have a problem with the Agent Update of Backup Exec from 2010 R2 to R3. During the update of the agents (including the installation of agents), I noticed the following: I logged on the Backup Exec media server with my personal account that is no m...

St3phan by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R3, deduplication and GRT backups

Greetings, I have recently installed Backup Exec 2010 R3 to obtain the latest improvements to Deduplication. Can I ask whether the recommendation NOT to use deduplication, if you want to perform GRT backups of sharepoint and Exchange, is still the ca...

Resolved! BackupJobs direkt nacheinander ablaufen lassen?

Hallo! Ich versuche folgendes zu realisieren: Auf einem Windows Remote Rechner (Server 2003R2) liegen 4 Verzeichniss welche ich gerne sichern möchte. Von diesen Verzeichnissen soll 1 x im Monat eine Vollsicherung gemacht werden und 1 x in der W...

Backup exec restore questions

Hey Guys, I'm kind of new to backup exec 2010 R3 but I have a few questions. First let me put a scenario together to help illustrate my question before I sound too much like a noob.  Say a production server went down and you cant restore the OS,...

jake213 by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weekly duplicate jobs failed with error "V-79-57344-33029"

We are currently having weekly duplicate jobs failed with "Error-Mount Failed" and "Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media".  The daily duplicate jobs all working fine. Here's the setup: Daily: disk to disk full backup, runs from M...

winniex by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Replacing 11D with 2010 R2 or R3

Hi all. Currently, we have 11D in place and are moving to 2010R2 or R3 - not sure about R3 just yet. We have several types of Windows servers: fileDBweband of course an Exchange 2003 While doing research on this replacement/upgrade for BE, I noticed ...

Best Options for backing up a small VMWare Site

We have VMWare VSphere 4.0 U1 - it's the free version.  It's installed on a decent Dell PowerEdge R710 with lots of space and an attached MD1000 - about 2 TB of useage storage space. In it, I have 7 Virutal machines - mostly Windows 2008 (not R2) ...

Migrate and replace Backup Exec 2010 Server

There are several different methods that I have come across for migration of a Backup Exec 2010 Media Server. Current Configuration: Windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 Service Pack 2 X86 Backup Exec 2010 R2 with Exchange Archive Option and IDR New Desi...

Backup strategy with BE 11d

Hi all At our school we currently have 3 main servers - server1, server2 and server3. Server3 runs BE 11d whilst server 1 and 2 runs RM's very basic Server Backup software. We recently purchased a 2TB NAS box (QNAP TS-459+ Pro) and some external esat...

jimmyca by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels