Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Advanced Disk Option, and Clustered DFSR

DFSR and ADBO We are looking to deploy a W2K12R2 DFSR cluster and wanted to know if there are any issues with using iSCSI MS Clustered DFSR and the Advanced Disk Based Options with BE2014 - anything to know prior to deployment/ any gotchas?   Is t...

Resolved! symantec exam dumps

hello guys, I have a plan write exam of symantec endpoint protection  Backup Exec  Messaging Gateway System Recovery   So can you give me the dumb file and document for preparing the EXAM??

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec

Hello guys,  i have some questions We are plan to our backup exec 2010 upgrade to 2015 with High Availabilty. We prepare new server with differet IP and NAME.The new server should be in HA.and we need to migratev to new server. So i need know how...

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Snapshot technology error (0xE000037D): ON SQL

hello guys, we are using be 15,we have sql rein DR site with sql log  shipping process(read only).i configure the sql job.but its faild The permission is done..the credintial have full permission to access all DB. Please do needfull  

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! execute a procedure or script after backup job is done

Hi. I'm new to Backup exec, and I want to execute a procedure or script after backup job is done. I have a solution in mind, which is to trigger this procedure or script via SQL, when inserts occure in BEDB.JobHistorySummary table. I was wondering i...

Resolved! Advice on Backupexec Setup Shared Storage

Here is the scenario: Current Setup is: Server: Dell PowerEdge R720xd CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz (2 Processors) Memory: 65470MB Storage: DataDomain DD640 Quantum Scalar i500 Tape Library with 2xLTO4 & 2xLTO6 Local DisktoDis...

Best Practice form backing up Backup Exec 15 Server

HI, We are newly running a Backup Exec 15 Server on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server. We are backing up the Backup Exec Server with all its components onto Tape (Encrypted). What is the best practice to ensure I can restore the Backup Exec Server in ...

BE 15 NDMP Option: Poor ratios in restores

Hello all,   I have seen many posts in the forum on this topic, but I am still with some problems in one of our clients that has the following infrastructure:   In this environment is only company performs various jobs to support the data stor...

Esteban_Xpears by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Comparaison entre NAS et OST

Bonjour,  J'ai mis en place une solution de sauvegarde Backup Exec 2014 avec une baie de disque Quantum Dxi4701. j'ai configurer la baie comme disque OST sur Backup Exec 2014 mais j'ai un problème de gestion d'espace avec cette technologie. je souh...

Resolved! Backup Exec job design duplicate jobs

Hi everyone, In the last 10 years I used different Backup Exec Version up to BE 2010 R3. Now I am in a new Backup Project with Backup Exec 15 and I'm a bit shocked about the changes of the version form 2010R3 to 15... What I need to do is simple: ...

Backup Exec 2014: disaster recovery scanario

Hi All, I'm finding a way to to be sure to be able to restore backups in a disaster recovery scenario. This is my configuration: 1) CASO SERVER with deduplication storage (located in the main office) 2) MEDIA SERVER with deduplication storage (lo...

Resolved! Backup exec does not delete old jobs

Hi, I have this problem from time to time in about every version of backup exec I can think of over the years. From time to time, backup exec sends an alert saying to free space on the disk where it is backing up. So I have to manually delete the old...

Teslah by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Simplified Disaster Recovery Disk

Can someone please just shed some light on the Simplified Disaster Recovery Disk?  What exactly is it and how large will it be if I create one?  Basically I have all my backups stored on an external exagrid (SAN based storage).  Do I need this disk i...

Resolved! Backing up virtual file server best practises - with exclusions

Hello all, I have a situation here. The initial position is as follows: We have a virtual file server running on an ESX environment. We backup our VMs over the Virtual-based backup of Backup Exec 2015. This all works fine. Now we archived lots of ...

igtg by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! backup exec 15 exchange backup faild

Hi, i'm backing up to dedupliaction folder using backup exec 15: AD is working fine Exchange 2010 is failing with the following errors Backup- EX1.gg.co.il V-79-57344-33918 - ADBO: Your evaluation copy of the Advanced Disk-based Backup Option (A...

Omerino by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackupExec 2015 Catalogs

Hi, I have been using 3600 Appliance for a while to back up to disk, but I have just moved my tape backups to this also and Im currenlty testing. I have BackupExec 2015 installed. Previoulsy i was using Netbackup for tape backups. This would alway...

Peddyp by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels