Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Join LTO4 and LTO3

I just started back up the use syamatec using LTO4 tape. before I use LTO 3. I tried using the tape LTO 3 and 4 are in a process server to back up, I have not probelem when back up using LTO3, back up can run normaly, but  when I run job on LTO4, ta...

patris by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Symantec backup Exec 11d

hi all, I am finding an issue with the symantec 11d application. we have IBM TS 3100 system Storage which is connected to a system which is loaded with the windows 2003 server.the system i am using here is a desktop dell optiplex 330. TS3100 is conne...

Resolved! Backup Exec DLO

Dear friends I have a server backup exec with dlo here i created profile with 20 G.B. disk space , backup of My Dacument, My Music, .pst, c drive and added some user in this profile , but problem is that some user backup is faild , i checked setting ...

My tapes disappear of supports Group

Hello everyone. I have a curious problem. I have a tape drive "IBM HH LTO Gen 5" in which the tape manually exchanged daily. Label the tape and add it correctly to a media set. The fact is that the backup is successful, but every time I draw the t...

Referenceable BUE 2010 Deduplication Suite Environment?

Anyone using Backup Exec 2010 Deduplication Suite - How do you like it? What storage and servers are you using? Were there any problems setting up the environment? Have there been any bumps in the road? Virtualization (VMware) and Netware are going t...

SDLeeHerrin by Not applicable
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Advantages and Disadvantages of AOFO

Can someone tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of using AOFO. Whether general or detailed description, just want to know what advantage do i get when using AOFO and what disadvantage when using it. Also I want to know when should you u...

Onins by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to share a NAS between media server?

Hi, I have 2 Media Server BE2010 r3. I have on media server 1 a NAS iSCSI. From media server 2 I want to use the NAS on media server 1 for jobs backup. How can I do?

enzo by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec Setup Environment

Is it possible to setup the backup exec as the below envirnment? If possible, which license I need to purchse?   1. NetApp direct connect to a tape library via fiber 2. Backup Exec 2010 R3 installed in Window 2008 Server which direct connect to the s...

joechan by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec Database

Hi all,   I'm very new in the Backup Exec world and would like to find out how the database works. I'm still trying to understand the environment that I am working with also. We are backing up a Lotus Domino Server. I think it's agent baased as well.

CCEMPLOYEE by Level 2
Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

sharepoint 2007 backup configuration in Backup Exec 2010

Hi We had deployed Backup exec 2010 r2  installed, configured sharpoint agent for sharepoint server 2007,also pushed the agents in the all the sharepoint servers in the farm, when we tried to configure the backup job by adding the server farm we find...

chetan_k32 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec 2010 r2 remote agent installation failed

Hi Can anybody guide me with the remote agent installation which i got failed with the " unexpected error:signature is not IMAGE_CEE_CS_CALLCONV_LOCAL_SIG. operating system is windows 2003 x64 and its sharepoint web server 2007

chetan_k32 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtual Backup Exec

hello, Need help for the virtual configuration, our client want to configure: Backup exec server win per server bndl std lic 12mths 1Agent for microsoft hiper vAgent for micsft  active directoryAgent for vmware virtual infrastructureAgent for windows...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Total Noob in Backup Exec Help.

Hi, i'm totally new to backup exec, i have problem understanding some concepts about backup exec.   I 'm been reading the backup exec admin guide, but only produce more questions, i want to have some good deployment help, including the creation of po...

Microsoft SQL Cluster Licensing

Hi Dears I've got one project that will contain 1.two AP Servers of SUN Account Application 2.two Microsoft SQL Server with Cluster enabled (OS Microsoft 2008 Enterprise) 3.SQL Server attached with FC Storage (IBM DS3500) 4.One FC Tape Library (IBM T...

Backup Exec - Problemas com nomes das pastas

Pessoal, Estou com um problema em minha empresa, acontece que o backup exec tem apresentado erros por conta do tamanho do nome das pastas (número de caracteres), com isso, o software cancela o procedimento de backup a partir do momento do erro, o que...

Oracle Backup in Backup exec 2010

hi all i have some problem with backup exec 2010 , i install the backup exec 2010 in 2 Oracle Cluster server in the selection list  under Oracle Real Application Clusters i can see only the 2 RAC and i can not see the virtual node name  . when i went...

Resolved! Disk to Disk Monthly backup taking up too much disk space

Hi there, We have got three jobs setup for each server: daily, fortnightly and monthly.  The total disk space for the D2D backup is 2.7TB.  The daily back for all the servers consumes around 940GB.  The monthly backup medias has got overwrite protect...

winniex by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need KT plan

Hi All, Does any one has Backup Exec KT document? Please forward it to prakash.gm@hotmail.com and anil.n01@gmail.com   Thanks,

Resolved! Manage Backup Exec 12.5

Hi All, I installed Backup Exec12.5 on Windows 2008 server and login as Domain Administrator on the Widnows 2008 server to manage it. I would like to let another IT peoples to check the backup status from their Windows XP computers, but I don't want ...

Labels