Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Parallel running jobs

Hey guys,   we got a little problem with our configuration in Backup-Exec. We have two libraries where each library got 2 roboters. When jobs are running, then it only takes 2 jobs parallel, but we want to make 4 jobs parallel. Is there any solution ...

point_S by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Backup Exec 2010 and Dell TL 2000

Devices Backup Server : RHEL 5.4 Tape Library  : Dell TL 2000 Software Used : Backup Exec 2010 Installed on  : Windows XP Scenario, I have a Backup Server running on RHEL 5.4 on which i regualarly take my Backups. Now i have a new Dell ...

Auftrag fehlgeschlagen

Hallo Leute Ich habe seit kurzem ein Problem mit BackupExec ich hatte vorher die version 12 drauf mit hotfixes die ich jetzt leider nicht mehr weiße nach gekauften Programm und Neuinstallation von BackupExec 2010 schlägt irgendwie jeder Auftrag fehl ...

Resolved! Servive stop when logout from windows server 2003

Dear All I need your help ,i have 4 server with windows server 2003 the problem when i logout from the windows and login again all service to backup exec 2010 stoped .what can i do to solve the problem Thanks

Help me, i need to know about retaintion hours remaining?

Hey,   I have to do a weekly backup job, and I see the report for scratch media availability, and i see some positive and negative hours remaining on it? can anyone please tell me which one can i use? and what and why are the differences about all th...

Amman by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 Family (BE,BESR2010) "Project "Project Plan"

Dear All, I have a Backup Exec Family project "Upgrade from BE12.5 to BE2010"  My Customer ask for the below... - Project Plan "i dont know how to create it" - Implementation Plan and  - Project Prequest and question for the product  - Backup Strateg...

FZ2H by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Continuous data protection

I have installed backup exec 2010 on a new server to have online backup.and also i have another server but old one which have backup exec 12 for windows server installed on it.what I want is to configure data continuous protection on the new server.D...

Resolved! Can't backup system state

Ok, next question... One of our servers, that happens to be a backup domain controller, we're using to run test backups with the trial version of 2010. The system logon account (which is same as system account right now) being used to backup this dc ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 and SEP

Backing up a server we get the following errors: File is in use: \\server.domainname.net\C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\inbox\agentinfo\e82a4ce0-2712-4701-a304-0d7f12568b5b.tmp File is in use : \\server.domainn...

84 and 802 status code receiving on every weekend backup

HI Friends , Facing issue in Tape LIbrary and drives from september month. ISSUE :  Tape Drive down and Media frozen happening on weekend backup. STEPS DONE ALREADY : Upgraded Firmware & drivers on both Tape Library and Backup Server(Master & Media s...

Kokila by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE Not writing data more than 300+

Hello All,   I have symantec exec 12.5 updated all the patches, i am using HP 7973A (800GB) tape to take backup, My problem is always the BE asking to incert another tape to complete the job, The total data stored in the current tape is less than 400...

Resolved! Hyper-V Host and Exec Medai server

Hello,   I have a windows server 2008 R2 server enabled Hyper-V, I have a guest installed server 2008 R2 as a file server, My target : Take backup by using symatec exec(all files FROM Guest i want to take a backup) Q1-Can i install the Medai server o...

2 usage scenarios for removable HDDs

As described in TECH38839 several external HDDs can be used automatically (still connecting them manually), when providing unique drive letters to each of them. As detailed in „backup-exec-125-using-backup-disk-removable-usb-drives“, this can be acco...

davidvv by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advice appreciated

Hi everybody. I would very much like to have some advice on a backup strategy. I need to backup our companys data. The data consists of this: 15 VMs (VMware and virtual center) incl. SQL 2005/2008 and Exchange 2010 servers and later on also ShareP...

Exchage backup Active always and not couting any bytes

My exchage backup sudenly stoped and i had below error ''Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred. Final error category: Server Errors I updated the BE restarted Information store, be agent service...

Labels