Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! job Queued, tape full

Hello All, I have weekily full file back to Tape library, i have 6 tape in Media and overwrite protection period is 1Hrs and apend data infinite-Allow append. Six tape is full now and job in Queued, how to run the job, do i need to erase the tape? if...

faisal7c by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R2 Configuring issue

Few days ago i installed BE 2010 R2 for the first time. I am trying to set it up in existing envoirenment but need some  assistence and suggestions on this topic.    There are folowing devices in my environment: one file server, small NAS device,t...

dejanm by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Large amount of data

Hi all, i plane to use Backup Exec for backup a large amount of data. May farm was composed from about 20 servers wich an amount of 1,2 Tb of total data to backed up (File, SQL, Exchange). In order to plane an efficient Backup, i project to change t...

Backup on NAS (Cisco NSS324)

I am using Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 and i would like to backup everything on my NAS, Cisco NSS 324 but unfortunetelly everytime i create a backup to disk folder and browse my NAS device via Active directory doesnt authenticate, with the following er...

drantispy by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tape restoration

Hi, for DR purpose, i was thinking if its possible tapes written by Backup Exec via Dell tape Vault, can be restored to a single tape drive using Backup Exec? how about the barcodes?

rBoLt by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2010 - >>> BUG <<< with 'Elapsed Time' information ???

Hi all,   i´m using BE 2010 and sometimes the backup operation time takes 12h, sometimes 16h, some 30h. When take a look job results (sent by e-mail) we see scheduled backup operation starting at 09:00 PM, mounting media at 09:01, ends bkp and ...

Recovery problem

Hello,  We are experiencing some problems with the Backup Exec 9 when starting a recovery process from the tape.  Actually, we are running the software on a Dell PowerEdge PE2900 and a Certance Powervault 110T LTO2 device.  The problem which we have...

hharis by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec License Violation

Hi everyone, Can someone help me on this issues?  I had installed Backup Exec 10d on a server and Backup Exec Agent on another server.  I tried to backup data from remote server to tape but I get error "License Violation A Remote Agent for windo...

Backup Exec backup metrics/statistics

Hi all, Can someone advise where I can download some recent metrics/statistics on the Backup Exec 11 for Windows software?  I want to find out the standard time it takes to backup a certain amount of data, both full and incremental.  That way, I can...

Gary_Li by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux File System Backup using Backup Exec

Hi , I would like to know whether can  i take complete linux file system backup using Backup Exec. If yes Please Guide Me How to perform this . Thanks in Advanced Regards Rajesh N

rajesh2 by Level 2
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No mailboxes appear to be restored from tape backup

We have the following: 1. Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 with Hotfix 337202 2. Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with Roll update 8 We have backup job for mailbox server to tape and it is finishing successfully, but when going to restore from this backup we s...

Ahmad_Matar by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup solution advice

Hello, We are going to setup a hosting environment at our site. Customers will be able to choose which sollution the would like. I am new in the hosting scenario, for backup normal servers we use BE with various options. Below i speciefied the diff...

Pitching to Pharmaceutical Companies

Hi, I sent the following email to PSG-Emerging and PSG EMEA but I got no reply s can anyone of you guys help me out? I would like to know if Symantec has any specific products for Pharmaceutical Companies and if there are any data sheets, Market St...

Khurram by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels