Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Sharepoint backup failing

Hi,   The backup job is failing with the following error:   Job ended: Monday, September 22, 2014 at 11:33:03 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe49 - An invalid parameter was specified. Final error category: Job Errors For addit...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Windows Computers on the same network

Hello,  I have users on my network that  I intend to have there data backuped up to one central repository, if possible even backup the operating system status (everything on the computer) But these are users who are in and out of office normaly in...

escoba by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tape jobs

Hi,   when I run jobs to a tape, the jobs run properly to a point were they suddenly become on queu and the tape gets ejected from the tape drive. Knowing that the tape has plenty of enough free space.   what could be the cause of this problem? H...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Import Backup Exec tapes into Commvault

Hello everybody! I would like to import some tapes (Backup Exec) into Commvault. Is it possible? Somebody know the name of the company that do this work? Thanks, Bruno (Brazil)

Banfi by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 ORACLE agent problem

I Had a workink client for ORACLE DB on a server, but last week I did a restore, My DB password was Different so I changed it then, now I keep getting the following error: Thank you all for the help     Alejandro

manol4ik by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

DAG backup Failure

We recently upgarded to Backup Exec 2014. The backup job was running fine till last week. From last weekend, it has been showing the error as V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\LWIDAG.water.int\Microsoft Informatio...

Backup Exec Install 2012

After the Installation from Backup Exec my Backup Exec Server Service fails. The Event View says internal Error 536813108 and the backup exec server service detect an schema error. Who can help me ?

IT_pit by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec 2014 Symantec Bad Support Experience in Sydney

Has anyone experience the same as me regarding the lack of support during Sydney Australia moring session for Backup Exec 2014? I tried to call Symantec again this morning at 9:06am a case that has been drag on for a whiles but the Symantec call syst...

Ag_BC by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! SQL incremental fails

The Backup Exec SQL Agent was not used to create the last full, differential, or log backup of this database. You must use the SQL Agent to run a full backup before you can run a differential backup or transaction log backup. Am getting this error. ...

Resolved! Exchange backup to disk

Hi,   I am getting the following error when backing up Exchnage. Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.  link V-79-57344-759   Please advise with the suitable...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deleting Log files

The Storage of my Local Disk is totally full. I see that Symantec's Log folder has more than 10GB of data in it. I want to know which are all the logs that can deleted? I see a lot of Beremote and Beengine log files. More than 500 of the logs of Bere...

Resolved! Error e0008821

I Got this error for the backup failure. I checked for solution here. Support content says as This happens when the the partition scheme selected while partitioning the disk is not readable by the Operating System. For example: GPT disks are new, and...

Backup Exec extremely slow - SEP 12.1

Hi guys,   Good morning,   I have in my environment an Windows Server 2K8 R2 with BU 2012 and SEP 12.1.4013 (I do not know exactly what it is) and my performance doing backups is very slow, really, a lot of (23 ~ 33MB/Min) and I know that the pro...

Backup Exec 2012- VDI Solution

Dear All, Can you please advice and suggest what is the best practice or solution to Backup VDI? Is Symantec system recovery is the best option or should i go with Backup Exec for VDI? Is there any standard article which we can follow for backing u...

Resolved! Services Stopping

When i tried to restart all my services on Backup Exec, all services restarted except Backup Exec Job Engine. It keeps displaying as "stopping" and doesnt stop or restart. When i tried to stop it from task manager, it says access denied, even though ...

Resolved! Superseded

I'm completely new to Backup Exec. When i took off a job from Hold, it says status as superseded. I get the meaning in normal terms, but what does it mean in job status?

SDR recovery from duplicate tape jobs, or linked tape job

Hello So it seems the BE 2012 lacks the ability to easily restore from duplicate tape jobs or linked tape jobs. With linked tape jobs(duplicate to tape is the last stage of the jobs) the catalogue files in the .dr file for the recovery are only see...

Giermo by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels