Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

BE2014 CASO AVVI

Hello,   I'm designing Backup Exec enviroment with 20 BE servers managed with central CASO. All backups will be performed using AVVI. I found document on vcenter account for media servers (I guess). http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?p...

General 2 Site Backup Questions

Hello All, I currently have a Backup 2010 to Tape methodology for backing up our data but we are going to be moving our production servers to a Co-Lo soon and would like some information regarding how to handle backing up at 2 sites. Requirements wou...

Upinit by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DLM doesn't delete expired data

we use  Backup Exec 2014 for backup in our company. our dedup storage size 15 tb and in cas view show 9.78 tb used and rest of them free. but in windows explorer side there is only 770 gb free and still reduce this size. on the other hand backup sets...

Resolved! Language problems in CASO

Hi Language problems in CASO: Have installed Backup Exec 2014 Sp1 on Windows 2012 R2 with CASO Managed server is BE3600 R3 with Backup Exec 2014 Sp1 communication ok, but server icons tekst is wrong in CASO server ( see attach file ) tsorensen ...

tsorensen20 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2014 - Optimized deduplication duplicate jobs slowing down

Hi, We have an optimized deduplication solution in place with an MMS and CASO across a WAN link.The solution was always working fine and the duplicate jobs across the WAN always completed in time. As of late the duplicates seem to be taking longer e...

Karlgroen by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cannot add managed media server

Hello. I use Backup Exec 2014. I have 2 servers as Backup Server. And so I installed Backup Exec 2014 with "Central Admin Server Option" on Backup Server #1. After that, I install Backup Exec 2014 with "Managed Backup Exec server" on Backup Serve...

Resolved! BEMCLI script to import server list and create backup jobs

I am looking for a way withing BEMCLI to create a script which will import a list of servers from a txt or csv file and then create a backup job indiviually for each server backing up to disk first, then duplicating to tape once a week, and daily dif...

Resolved! Central Management Server for Symantec Backup Exec

Hi, I would like to know is there any Central Management Server/Solution for Symantec Backup Exec running on 3 to 4 different servers version 2010 & 2012. Kindly help me out I need an one stop central console for all my symantec backup exec servers...

Resolved! Backup Job is missed?

Our backup duplicate job to shared device status is always missed and when the schedule is coming up to backup, "Ready,The Backup Exec Server that the catalog requested is not available to process this job" is written in the job status? Why?what ı ha...

Duplication size too much

Hi;   we are doing full backup every night and then morning we started  we sent duplicate some other storage device over wan but the full backup size 3-4 gb on the other hand the duplicate job takes 100-200 gb so we have to cancel job for release b...

Resolved! Optimized deduplication (D2D2T)

I have a Backup Exec 2014  setup with a CASO and 1 MMS on different sites connected via VPN tunnel. The CASO also has a Robotic Tape library attached with SAS. I I’m trying to achieve optimized deduplication to another site and then to tape. I w...

Grafs by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to change Iso Image Full Path for P2V - Backup Exec 2012

I am attempting to Convert a Physical Machine to Virtual Machine, but under Conversation Settings I'm unable to change the root servername for VMWare Tools ISO Image. Its defaulting to a old server that we use to have, but I'm unable to change it to ...

itpro85 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ฺBE2014 CASO join domain

1.BE2014 CASO requirement needs to join domain. If I'm join domain to CASO environment but all backup exec service depend on admin local. Is it possible?    2. Can I share one disk device@MMS#1 but another 2 MMSs backup to this device? 

Inventino by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE2014 CASO

I would like to promote CASO environment with BE2014 and I have 3 media servers. Main Site: 1. ServerA backs up 10 SQL servers. 2. ServerB is BE server and FileSharing server.  Est. size = 30-40TB. DR Site: 1. ServerC has no backup running. just...

Inventino by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Retain a backup set.

I have a BE2014 Environment with CASO and I need retain a backup set to infinite. How I can do this with tape backup set? The option "Retain" in backup set is disabled.

Problem remote install BackupExec 2014

Hi there, I want to install a managed Backup Exec 2014 server from a CASO server. When my CASO validate the installation, everything is OK. When I start the installation, the CASO server is saying "prepartion of installation files" and shortly afte...

Labels