Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Incremental backup configured over Amazon bucket fails

Hello, Here I'll describe my problem in case anyone can help me. I have a Windows 2012 R2 Server with Backup Exec 2015. Months ago I configured my backup jobs as follows: One monthly job that makes a complete backup to a shared folder which is in ...

Resolved! log not clear

HEllo guys, recently we configure the DAG server.before that mailbox itself(mb01) we backup and rstore.yester the same job is running and log file are not clear after backup.what is reason and how can i clear the logs

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec

Hello guys,  i have some questions We are plan to our backup exec 2010 upgrade to 2015 with High Availabilty. We prepare new server with differet IP and NAME.The new server should be in HA.and we need to migratev to new server. So i need know how...

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 14.2 FP2 - Cloud connector to S3 Issues/info

Hi all,   I have configured Backup to Amazon S3 using the cloud connector. I did a test backup of 48GB (a VM). The upload of data was free but i have been charged  for transfer out. Isn't the backup just uploading data, why is there a download of 4...

rio_10 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackUP Exec

Dear Support, Please find the below issuse. We have life time license for Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2.Right now the license key is its not working.  The license key its showing error on our system.also serial no its not working. Kindly send the ...

BackExec by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 15- Cloud Microsoft Azure

Hi, Can anyone please let me know, can Backup Exec 15 be used to backup and store all the data on cloud - Microsoft Azure. Referrring to page-7 this is what i have. http://media-cms.riverbed.com/documents/Solution+Guide+-+SteelStore+with+Backup+Ex...

AWS Gateway Cached Storage

Scenario. 2 x backup Exec 2014 servers storing backup data locally to disk. 10TB of data backed up. Aim. To duplicate backup jobs to Amazon S3 for offsite storage. This would only be accessed in a disaster scenario. Method. I've been playing wi...

Resolved! Ready to upgrade from version 2012 to 2014 (14.1.1786.0)

I've been trying to push the Backup Exec Remote Agent upgrade but it fails with the following error. Utility Job information: Ready to upgrade from version 2012 to 2014 (14.0.1786.0). Install failed with error code -2147023293. Right click on the c...

Sharepoint backup failure

Hi,   The backup is failing with the following error:       Job ended: Friday, September 19, 2014 at 6:37:58 AM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe49 - An invalid parameter was specified. Final error category: Job Errors   For a...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Active directory error

Hi,   The job is failing with the following error:   Final error: 0xe000fe0b - An operation was attempted on an object that was not opened. Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sharepoint backup failing

Hi,   The backup job is failing with the following error:   Job ended: Monday, September 22, 2014 at 11:33:03 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe49 - An invalid parameter was specified. Final error category: Job Errors For addit...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tape jobs

Hi,   when I run jobs to a tape, the jobs run properly to a point were they suddenly become on queu and the tape gets ejected from the tape drive. Knowing that the tape has plenty of enough free space.   what could be the cause of this problem? H...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! USB Disk to tape Backup is getting failed @ Backup exec 12.5

Disk to Tape Copy 2-Full-Weekly -- The job failed with the following error: The directory is invalid. Daily incremental backup will goto USB disk G:\ On every friday night all the incremental backups will get backed up to  Tape        Disk t...

Resolved! Backing up deduplication store to cloud storage

We are currently trying to figure out if it's possible to send our deduplication store from Backup Exec 2012 to a cloud storage provider.  I've found plenty of documentation that talks about sending it to various places on the LAN and via FTP, but no...

dhill82 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec 2014 (or 2012) AWS Storage Gateway problems

I need assistance from someone who has successfully implemented the AWS Storage Gateway-VTL in either Backup Exec 2012 or in Backup Exec 2014.  On the AWS site, it shows that BE 2012 is a supported application for their Storage Gateway-VTL.  On the K...

Service doesnt start

When i tried to restart my server, all services but one (Backup Exec job engine) doesnt start. When i tried to start manual, it says Logon failure. There is no proble with credentials though. Please help me solve this.

Resolved! Services Stopping

When i tried to restart all my services on Backup Exec, all services restarted except Backup Exec Job Engine. It keeps displaying as "stopping" and doesnt stop or restart. When i tried to stop it from task manager, it says access denied, even though ...

Resolved! DLO muestra Esta trabajando Fuera de Linea

Buenas tardes, por favor necesito alguna sugerencia o referencia si alguien soluciono un mensaje que aparece en el agente DLO de backup Excec cada vez que inicia la computadora me sale en algunas maquinas ese mensaje por favor si alguien pudo solucio...

Cloud options, or lack thereof

Hello all - I am trying to find a reasonable means of maintaining disaster-recovery copies of our backup sets on Amazon Glacier (or some other cloud provider.) From what I understand based on other threads, at present there are no Cloud Providers th...

Labels