Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Verwalteter Medienserver geht Offline

Hallo zusammen   Ich versuche mich gerade an einer Duplizierung der Backupdaten über eine WAN Strecke.   Es existieren 2 Medienserver, die über eine VPN Verbindung permanent kommunizieren können. Der Eine Medienserver hat die Option CASO installiert....

Runnel by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

absolute file names on SQL on-disk copies

I am running Jungledisk (an off site backup client) that needs an absolute path and file name to backup files. Backup exec had this feature under the "Microsoft SQL" item in the configuration of a backup job called "Create on-disk copies of SQL backu...

Dude16 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplicate a backup to another location over the internet

Hi everyone,   A collegue of mine has bought a NAS for a customer of us to store backups on another location over the internet. So basically they have 1 company where the media server is located and the other virtual servers. The customer wanted to h...

Resolved! Backup Exec.cloud

Does anyone know when Symantec Backup Exec.cloud will be available in Austria and under what pricing? Also, does anyone know the location of the servers where our data would be stored (Europe? US?)? Finally, does anyone know how private, safe, and se...

FilGov by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

What Version should I buy

Hi all, I am running a windows SBS2008 with a few additional VMware Virtual Environments. I am looking to be able to backup my SBS environment, - Exchange Mailboxes, Users folders etc. I have created a backup virtual machine (on a different VM from t...

Steve09 by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oracle Backup in Backup exec 2010

hi all i have some problem with backup exec 2010 , i install the backup exec 2010 in 2 Oracle Cluster server in the selection list  under Oracle Real Application Clusters i can see only the 2 RAC and i can not see the virtual node name  . when i went...

BE2010R3 - Nirvanix - Client Side Deduplication

Hello all! I am in need of some clarifications, since I am so confused now! First of all, here's what I am trying to accomplish. We have a remote site which needs a daily backup, possibly with no tapes involved, since there are no operators there. Fe...

Nirvanix Integration with Backup exec 2010 R3/R2

I am wondering if anybody has successfully integrated Nirvanix cloud storage into Backup Exec 2010 R2 or R3. I have been trying and I have also an open ticket with Symantec, but it looks like it's not as easy as the documentation says. By the way, th...

Auftrag fehlgeschlagen

Hallo Leute Ich habe seit kurzem ein Problem mit BackupExec ich hatte vorher die version 12 drauf mit hotfixes die ich jetzt leider nicht mehr weiße nach gekauften Programm und Neuinstallation von BackupExec 2010 schlägt irgendwie jeder Auftrag fehl ...

Resolved! Testing backup sets

Hi, I am using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 and have configured backup jobs for Hyper-V Virtual Machines, Exchange Sever, Sharepoint Servers and etc. Now I have configured a duplication jobs which duplicates most important backups to the removable us...

IDR Wizard (2010 R2) can't load network driver

Hello,     the network drivers will not load successfully by using the following environment: Hardware: HP ProLient DL380 G7 Server NICs (builtin): NC382i   Software: BackupExec 2010 R2 Revision 4164 OS: Windows 2003 Server R2 x64 (latest SP and Patc...

BerndS by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec License Violation

Hi everyone, Can someone help me on this issues?  I had installed Backup Exec 10d on a server and Backup Exec Agent on another server.  I tried to backup data from remote server to tape but I get error "License Violation A Remote Agent for windo...

Robotic Lib virtual or emulation software

Hi, I'm currently setting up a test enviroment to check out Netbackup 6.5 on a Widnows 2003 platform. I need to check out of of the new vault management features but I do not have a library attached to make test workstation. Is there any type of Ro...

Backup Exec Remote Agent Crashes

I seem to be having a problem with one of my Windows Server 2003 Backup Exec Remote Agents. Whenever I try to execute a backup job for that specific server, the BERA service crashes with a fatal exception. The event viewer on the server does not iden...

dishmael by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels