Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 12.5 w/ ReadyNAS Pro 4

I apologize if this has been asked previously but I couldn't find an exact match.  We have 2 servers (Win 2008 R2 and Win 2003) running Backup Exec 12.5 with agents for remote server, Exchange and SQL.  Both servers had tape drives that had begun to ...

Scamby by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Opening the job definition is very slow on UEFI system

Hi all, i installed BE2012 on an UEFI System (IBM SystemX 3650M2). When i want to create a new, or open an existing Backup Job of the local machine it takes about 1:30 minutes until the selection list is loaded. System is running W2K8R2 with latest P...

DerTRU by Not applicable
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2012 GRT errors

Can anyone help me resolve these two errros in my backup logs? Exchange version is 2007 both servers are VMs running on Hyper-V w/ failover cluster.  

[SOLVED] Unable to update capacity for Virtual Disk (BE2010R3)

I've recently added 6TB to the VirtDisk environment via DELL OpenManage on the DL2200 (Dell™ PowerVault™ DL Disk-Based Backup Appliance powered by Symantec). The disks were for an expansion of an existing 3,5TB Environment. Since the disks were confi...

Crabbit by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 and external USB drives configuration.

Hello,   My setup is that I have 10 identical external hard drives that I use to copy my backups to and take offsite.  All drives are recogized by windows and mapped to the same drive letter.  In 2010 BE we created backup to disk folders for each dri...

Resolved! Clear Alerts using BEMCLI

We are looking for a way to clear the alerts when running BEMCLI.  We have set it up to respond Ok, but the alerts are still showing in the Backup Exec 2012 GUI.  Anyone know how to do this?  Here is the powershell that we are running.     Import-mod...

Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors. Final error category: Resource Errors

Hi, I have the following:- Be 2012 (Ver - 1a) on Windows 2008 R2 (Std) Backing up Hyper-V host(windows 2008 R2 (ent)) The following error has occered:- Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Ch...

Resolved! backup exec File Restore to a qnap NAS drive

We have small business server running backup exec 2010 R3 and we're trying to do a restore a QNAP NAS device ( We backup to an Ultrium tape drive ). I can set the target to the qnap\share but when i run the job it failes with:   Final error: 0xe00084...

820824030 by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing BE on Hyper-V

I was wondering if someone can point me to a good document on how to go about installing BE on a Microsoft 2008 R2 Hyper-V host. The host server has of course the Hyper-V host, as well as four other virtual machines (Exchange, Terminal Server, SQL, a...

sosinc3 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 - RDX QuikStation Help

Hello everyone hopefully someone can help me with an issue we are having.  To start with we are using Backup exec 2012 with an RDX QuikStation that is set as 8 RDX Drives. We have added all the drives into a Pool on backup exec. What we need to happe...

Jonny_Pearson by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 - slow NDMP restore

Hi, I would need some additional thoughts about a setup that i'm setting up for the moment. Environment description: 2 NetApp Storage Arrays (V-series for active data / FAS2240 for SnapVaulting)Snapvault data from V-Series to FAS2240.Tape library is ...

rendersr by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 - Backing up TO a NAS Device

Hello,   I recently upgraded from Backup Exec 12.5 to Backup Exec 2010 R3 with SP 2 and the latest Hotfixes and updates.   I am having an issue backing up to a NAS device on our network. It is a D-Link DNS 320 device.   The backup I am sending to the...

Resolved! BE 2012: Changed default size of bkf files

Hi all, I noticed that with Backup Exec 2012 there was a change in the default bkf file size. In previous versions the default was 4GB and I always was of the opinion that it shouldn't be bigger in case of corruption of a single bkf file. With Backup...

grundlegende Backupeinrichtung

Hallo, ich teste gerade Backup Exec (soll später SBS Version werden). Dabei soll ein SBS 2008 komplett gesichert werden: 1 x pro Monat komplett Disaster Recovery (C:, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, Systemstate) 1 x pro Tag danach C: inkrementell 1 x pro ...

Resolved! How do I turn off these messages?

In BE 2012 SP1, how do I turn off the following message so my jobs complete successfully and not "Completed with Exceptions"?  The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered: Backup Exec has discovered Microsoft ...

BobR2 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels