Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup exec 12.5 using remote agent

Hi all   wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue.   When i'm trying to backup my local machine using backup exec 12.5 (All service pack's / updates installed) it seems like its trying to use the remote agent to perform the backup. It b...

kstoneman by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System State and Windows Server 2008

I've got Backup Exec 12.5 SBS Edition installed on a 2008 SBS Standard Server. I'm doing a full backup of the SBS and have included System State. The job fails with the following error:  ---------- Backup- System?State V-79-57344-65247 - A failure oc...

nickterry by Level 2
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

tanberg 1U LTO3

I have purchased tandberg 1U LTO 3 tape autoloader. I installed Symantech backup Exec 12.5. And the autoloader have 8 slot (magazine left 4 slot and magazine right 4 Slot), I ful the all the slot with the media. But is showing only 7 slot in the syma...

smtp configuration

I am having problems getting the email notification to work, even the test does not work.  I have looked at all the articles I have even checked smtp is working using telenet, also I have other applications sending email okay.  I have backup exec 11d...

nottims by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing up Exchange 2007 with Shared Storage

We have Exchange 2007 with Single Copy Cluster, where the database resides on a shared storage. We are planning to use Backup exec 12.5 for backing up our Exchange 2007 Database so that we can achieve the restoration of even a single email or a mail ...

Burhanm by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

V-79-32772-8980

I have problem when backup with open file, the error as below: I used Advance open file option : Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service,Snapshot provider(Automatic-Allow VSS to select the snapshot provider) *******************************************...

Inventino by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

SBS 2008 Backup Exec 12.5 install

Hello With SBS 2008 it already uses a couple of SQL instances for both Sharepoint and system health logging. I chose during my installation of BackupExec to allow BackupExec to create it's own instance and has been installed on a different partition....

BahBah by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Slow throughput on Exchange Information Store

Hey, I have Symantec Backup Exec 11d configured to backup Exchange Information Store. The rate that it backs it up at is: 138.00 MB/Min and takes about 5 hours to backup 42 GB database. Is there anything I could do to make it run faster? Any suggesti...

IDR causes my backup job to fail

Hello! I installed BE12 with the IDR option. My jobs kept failing with the message "The .DR file that is required for IDR is not updated". So i decided to remove this option. I clicked on Tools>Install Options and license keys on this server and then...

Larsson by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Backup Exec: 10d

Hi, I'm currently really struggling with Backup Exec - i need a print out of all the directorys that i have scheduled for backup: ie/   server:  admin                 c:/temp                 c:/user folders                 E:/user config  etc......  ...

Resolved! Query regarding Backup to Disk

In our network environment we have 4 different servers with different functionality. i.e Exchange 2007, SQL2005, Sharepoint 2007, and oracle 9i. now my question is after throwing backup exec agents on all the above servers, Is it possible for the bac...

Burhanm by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VSS Snapshot Warning

I get the following exception on every backup when it gets to the system state.  The backup then takes a very long time at this point as well:   ================================== EXCEPTION ==================================   Backup- System?State...

Linux and MySQL Backup

Can Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers make backups of Linux files and MySQL databases? if it can, how do I configure it (both, server - Windows and agent - Linux) By the way, I'm using SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2. Thanks in advance,

Store.exe crashs by starting Symantec Veritas Backup Exec

First, the system of the client. We have several customers with the same problem, but different systems - this is just an example of one of our clients. -------------------------------------------------- Windows 2003 Server Std. SP2 Intel Xeon CPU 3....

Inovatec by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels