Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Exchange 2007 w/Dedup very slow speeds

Hello,   I have already opened a case with Symantec on this (two actually) and I get very poor and answers and ones that just don't explain the issue to my satisfaction, and basically saying there's no fix. I have an Exchange 2007 server with sto...

Crash when trying to do anything with deduplication media

We have a 16 core Dell server, 24GB RAM, 20TB Dell PowerVault disk array running Server 2008R2 Std. with Backup Exec 2010R2 with all patches. Windows UAC is disabled. Windows DEP is disabled. I have a deduplication folder set up on the array which is...

PaulF by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What keeps a BackupExec job in QUEUED state?

Windows 2008 R2 BackupExec 2010 R2 all updates applied.  I have an OpenStorage device, and I was to send as many jobs as I can to this device at once.  I have a very capable server, 10G point to point attached, and I want to see how many jobs I can g...

ddr4me by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

CASO and optimized dedupe between sites for DR

Primary objective is to have backups duplicated to the secondary site in dedupe(opt) format. Problem is what happens when the link is down between the two sites?   Surely my ability to restore on the Primary site is gone, as are backups?   To get ar...

smtp25 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Deduplication best practices.

Hi,   We are thinking of moving to deduplication on 2010, and was wondering what everyone is doing re backing up their data. Currently, we have 5 B2D folders, one for each of the weeks of the month, plus a spare. We do a full weekly, and incremental ...

Bengaul by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Question for Function and Demerit in using DeDuplication

Because I'm not good at English very well., please answer intelligibly (easy). I will use DeDuplication Option. Target OS is...   - Windows (Agent for Windows)   - Linux (Agent for Linux)   - VMWare (Agent for VMWare) Target Database is... ...

VMWare Agent incremental/differential Jobs never ending

Last week I took another attempt with theVMWare agent. Environment: - BE 2010 R2, ESX 4.0 - Only one server in selection list - Weekly Full Backups B2D (DedupeStore) -> Tape - Daily Differential B2D (DedupeStore) - All Jobs are handled by policies   ...

Optimized Duplication restore from GRT

From all I have read this last step may work. The ability to restore a file from a vmware agent vmdk GRT full backup that has been backed up to a Symantec De-duplicated folder then incrementally transferred to the DR site using optimised dupli...

DrHolmes by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! dedup hangs when next client in list is offline.

When backup job is working it's way down a selection list and comes to a clients that is OFFLINE, the dedup job hangs and will not skip to the next client and continue. This works when going directly to tape  or B2D2T.

Resolved! backup 40GB-folder through slow connection (4MB\min)

Hello, I need to develop a procedure about How to backup a big folder (>40GB) through a slow connection (4MB\min). I have: BE 2010R2, Server 2003/2008R2, 4MB/min connection. I guess the procedure should look like this: - Make full backup or Copy file...

Paul_Tv by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Understanding de-dup figures

In the attached picture of the differential job history, can I just clarify the figures & math: 87,874,700,953 bytes (83,803MB) of files had the attribute flag set, i.e. were scheduled to backupDe-duplication ratio of 61.4 was achieved so that out of...

SQL backups and de-duplication

How does BE carry out backups of SQL databases? If doing the task manually, I'd do a backup and end up with a BAK file which is sparsely populated (they tend to archive well). Does BE do something similar? I'm suppose what I'm asking here is how effe...

Disaster Recovery Backups

I'm trying to create a new backup to tape strategy and would like some pointers of what exactly needs to be backed up to have a disaster proof backup set. I need to backup the following: Active Directory, Exchange 2007, and Microsoft SQL 2005. I'm cu...

Resolved! Is BE 2010 able to do synthetic backups on dedup folder ?

Hi, Is anybody know if BE is able to perform full synthetic backups on a dedup folder ? I know I need the ADBO option and a B2D or a VTL to perform such job (it's written in the admin guide). But, as dedup folder is located on disk, I wonder if it's ...

fredouille by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CASO created jobs does not run on Media Server

Hi everbody I have been trying to get this working for sometime now but I cant get this right. We have one CASO at our central Site and a bunch of Media-servers on different sites around europe (everyone runs BE2010 R2) . On some sites there is just ...

Various problems with the deduplication folder

Hi everyone, I tried to find some solution to that Deduplication mystery in BackupExec 2010 R2 rev.4164 64bit. Hotfix: 358289, 140360, 358410, 358288, 138226 We currently experience a lot of troubles with the DSF folder. Not only that it doesn't turn...

mrs by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate B2D-job to Dedup and then to Tape

Hi We run BE2010R2 on a CASO with Dedup and a number of MMS around the country. Its working great, but we have one problem/question. On most MMS we run one weekly full job to disk and daily inc.job to disk. All these jobs are then duplicated to the s...

Labels