Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! How to optimize Backup Exec on low capacity network?

Please help to solve. We have: BE serverFile serverExchange ServerSQL ServerAD domain controller Tape library is used for data backup. Connected through SAN. Network has low banwidth and the backup data amount is huge. Question: What Backup Exec opti...

UFO by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R2 No Deduplication Folder Option

I just upgraded from 2010 to 2010 R2 and wanted to try out the deduplication option.  It has been installed, but I do not see the option in the devices list.  Is there a setup step that I may have missed?

COPCP by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovering Dedupe Folder?

We are a small company, backing up a half dozen servers or so servers and about 70 users' files and I recently had a problem where I had to rebuild a DC which was also my lone Backup Exec Media Server running 2010.  After I rebuilt the server I obvio...

bpanders by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advice appreciated

Hi everybody. I would very much like to have some advice on a backup strategy. I need to backup our companys data. The data consists of this: 15 VMs (VMware and virtual center) incl. SQL 2005/2008 and Exchange 2010 servers and later on also ShareP...

Resolved! WAN Backup with Symantec BackupExec

Hi everybody i would like to realise a "cheap" wan backup for a small customer. the customer has already Backup Exec 2010 in production. It's one site with a Backup Exec Server, a fileserver and a DB server with agents installed. Now the customer ha...

sufina by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Deduplication works on pst files.

Just wanted to know whether deduplication option works on pst files or not. Please give me necessary information as i tried doing it but was unable to do it. So is there any option we need select. Thanks in advance.   Regards, Vikram

Dedup folder is creating offline medias

Hi, I'm searching why, as a dedup folder is located on disk, some medias can appear offline ? ! ? After some months, I have around 60 medias offline. My experience is better with DELL autoloader or STK libraries. I know how to import a media within ...

fredouille by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practices disk to tape with dedupe

I'm running BE 2010 with the dedupe option and vmware agents to backup about 3TB of servers. My backup storage is about 7TB now - I like it... other than some quiescing issues during snapshotting.  Best practices on Symantec paper says to backup your...

Aoid by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dedupe folder not accessiable

Dear all, I have a testing BE 2010 R2 server for VM backup testing. Appearently it is not accessiable by backup job anymore. When I check the event log, event ID 7023, The Backup Exec PureDisk Filesystem Service service terminated with the following ...

client-side deduplication not working for VM servers

On any of my VM servers if I try to configure client side deduplication it does not work.  I am NOT deduplicating the VM, I am connecting to the servername under Microsoft Windows Network and selecting files and folders from there. I have followed al...

Cannot Create Dedupe Folder

Long story made short...  We are running BE 2010 R2.  We had trouble with our dedupe folder and had to remove it from BE and delete the content.  Now, when trying to create a new dedupe folder we get "An error occurred while creating the deduplicatio...

De-Duplication function question

Hi Can someone please explain the De-Duplication option to me, my understand of it might not be correct. The server which is being backed up, Server X has 1TB of user data on it and from running File Server Resource Manager reports I know there's app...

PCAU by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackupExec 2010 R2 Deduplication issues

Hi there,   Over the past few weeks my BE 2010 R2 server has developed some rather problematic issues which I cannot seem to resolve. It is currently runnning on Windows 2008 x64 R2. Issues: 1)When duplicating jobs to tape from the dedupe store, it i...

BE2010R2 duplicating deduplication backups to disk

Hi We've just upgraded to BE2010R2 and have switched to deduplication. The backups appear to work fine to a deduplicated disk device on a secondary storage SATA LUN. However, we used to duplicate the old backups to another backup-to-disk device mount...

Resolved! Trialing De-Duplication Option ?

Hi We are currently running BE 12.5 but have upgrade rights to 2010 R2 which we will do shortley.   I do however want to trial the data de-duplication option as we are looking into buying this aswell (ofcourse it wasn't an option for 12.5 so we'd nee...

PCAU by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 DeDuplication = Ticking Time Bomb ?

I have been using backupexec now for a few years and have been battling with the deduplication module of backupexec 2010 now for a few months. I can get it working fine, configured etc but the data is extremely prone to corruption. If the server is s...

Alexxx by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels