Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

BE 2010: Free up Space in Dedupliaction Folder?

Hello I have a problem with the Deduplication Option of BE 2010 R2. When I delete/erease media in the dedup device, no disk space is released. No matter how many jobs I delete/erease, the amount of used diskspace is still the same. So sooner or lat...

J_Knopf by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote-Agent Deduplication problem

Hey guys   I’ve got a problem with our Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2.   I add an Remote-Agent Deduplication like the picture link. http://www.egeli.ch/cipdownload/Backup_Exec01.JPG The server is a Window Server 2008 R2 VM with successfully installed ...

Backing up deduplication store on BE 2010

I am in the process of setting up a new be 2010 infrastructure and was looking at DR. I need to backup the deduplication store weekly, and was wondering is it possible to backup the directory to tape or is it not as straightforward as that? I realise...

Resolved! allow this job to have direct access to the device >problem

hi guys I'm new in direct access feature of backup exec and become a little confused. my media server is on windows server 2008 ent. I cearte a deduplicate device accordin to symantec document like this and add remote agent with direct access to...

VIP by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deduplizierungsfragen

Hallo, wir setzen seit kurzem die Deduplizierung ein, hierzu hätte ich ein paar Fragen: - Wir sicherten früher ca. 1 TB, nach der Umstellugn auf Dedup nur noch 200 GB was ansich auch völlig ok ist. Aber die Deduplizierungsrate sagt 1,3 : 1. Wie ko...

dedup media location blank

When I run an inventory on the dedup device I see this error quite a bit, e0008214 - Library error - source location is empty. Also if I verify my daily backups to the dedup folder it always starts asking for media. Thats how I started to notice th...

BE 2010 Deduplication Option Queries

Hi Guys, Can you please provide some inputs regarding my following queries :- 1. How to cross check whether the Client Based deduplication has happened. Bcoz I'll be performing a Dedup on a remote server with a connectivity of 1MB between the...

Dishant by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

All devices "In Use" following services restart

We are using BE2010.  Occasionally we need to restart the Backup Exec services, for example, changes to Deduplication folder settings.  When the services come back online all of the devices (Backup to Disk, Deduplication Folder and Tape Drive) all go...

Resolved! Is DLO into DeDuplication folder possible?

Anyone with experience of Backup Exec 2010 out there? I want to backup data from our laptops into a DeDuplication folder. I have created a DeDuplication folder but when I go to create the 'DLO Storage Location' I cannot see how to point it at the D...

EmJay by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detailed Deduplication Process

Hi Guys, Can anyone provide the links or documents to the detailed process of Deduplication along with pointers and other things.

Dishant by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deduplication low disk space error?

So what gives? Even if it was 10% of the total drive volume it still doesnt work out!I have a deduplication folder that is displaying an low disk space error. However I think this is wrong. There is 550GB free on the windows drive itself while the ...

ultan by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2010 Dedupe duplication to tape -Sizing and performance

Hi all, I'm planning a centralised backup solution which will use BE2010 dedupe to a single 11TB dedupe folder. This folder will be on an EMC CX4- series with 13 x 1TB SATA drives in a raid 5 set. The tape device will be LTO5 FC attached. What kind ...

Duplicate job to tape - no job selection in source list

Hi please can anyone help - Without wanting to  recreating a backup job again - how can I get a previous  job which is still present in the Job selection screen to appear in the source selection drop down list  - this when duplicating a backup job on...

Deduplication Storage

Hi, I receive an error every time I go to create a Deduplication Storage folder... All the log says is Validating... and Backup Exec reports "An error occurred while creating a Deduplication storage folder " Any ideas??

Error 1 when starting Deduplication Engine

I have recently installed Backup Exec 2010 on a 2003 64 bit server.  After installing it I rebooted the server and noticed that some of the Backup Exec services weren't running.  The ones that aren't running are Deduplication Enginer and Manger.  I w...

BKUNZ by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deduplication and the pd.conf file in BE2010

Can you modify the pd.conf file on a remote agent to enable compression and/or encryption?  Is this supported?   Currently both are set to disabled or 0.  I want to change it to 1 As I understand it, compression is needed to further optimize the de...

Labels