Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! System Lock on Quantum SuperLoader

Hi Have just purchased a Quantum SuperLoader 3 and using BUE 2010 (R1).  Every time I perform an operation on the tape (Job, Inventory, etc) I get the following when I try and eject the tape: System Lock, Chk Bkup SW Cfg Admittedly, I am new to ta...

TeeJayUu by Level 4
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! beremote.exe crashes at service start

Hello @all, i have a problem here with the beremote.exe service from Backup Exec 2012. Every time service is started, it crashed immediately. In the Windows Eventlog there is showing following message: ------------------------------------ Event-ID ...

KAG_IT by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 12.5

Hi,   When i'm restore the data from media, In the file Redirection option i click the browse link it's shows one error "Member not found" Pls let me know the reason and solution. Find the screenshot.   - vicky

Backup Exec Synology NAS

All: I am working on getting Backup Exec 2010 R2 to backup a NAS that was recently purchase.  The NAS specifically is a Synology DS412+ that is joined to a Windows domain (simulated Windows environment) and uses domain credentials for permissions on ...

Micah_H by Level 3
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 Dedupe Store Full - How to free disk space?

I use Backup Exec 2012 to backup my Exchange 2010 message store, and it appears my dedupe store has run out of disk space.  My jobs failed at the weekend with the following error: V-79-57344-33935 - The backup-to-disk folder that was specified for ...

Resolved! compatiblite en agent et serveur

bonjour,   environnment : je possede backup exec 11d et backup exec 2010 R3 sur 2 serveur differents. je sauvegarde mon serveur cible la semaine avec le backup exec 11d et le weekend avec 2010 R3. Sur mon serveur cible j'ai l' agent backup exec 2010 ...

Tux74 by Level 4
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup Exec job engine system service not responding

Over the last few weeks my Backup Exec 2010 server has been unable to successfully complete a full backup.  The job usually fails about 3/4 through the job.  No subsequent backup jobs will run until the server has restarted.  The server over this las...

EOS58 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Error V-79-57344-65233

I am getting the following error message:   V-79-57344-65233 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVERDC08R2\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). HYPERLINK  \l "1"Snapshot provider er...

agvance by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Event ID 16397 - Windows lightweight directory access protocol failed a request to connect to active directory domain services

Just upgraded from BE 2010 to 2012, and now receiving the following error message whenever backup jobs start on the media server: Log Name:      Application Source:        NfsClnt Date:          7/5/2012 3:43:09 AM Event ID:      16397 Task...

Resolved! 0xe000fed1 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status.

Hi My backup to tape job for a server running 4 Hyper-V VMs has suddenly started failing. I haven't changed any options in the backup job. Here is the full error (I don't have AOFO selected in the backup job so why is it throwing this error?):   Back...

Resolved! Backup exec 2010 B2D problems

Hi all.  One of our clients have been upgraded to backup exec 2012.  The scheduled daily jobs runs to a Western digital sharespace NAS device, which are failing because the B2D folder goes into an offline state.  The bexec error reads:  The disk is o...

Resolved! Cannot Install Backup Exec windows Agent

Hi, I am encountering a severe issue with a Server 2008 R2 standard 64Bit. From a media server running Backup Exec 2010 R3, i try to install remote agent but it eventually fails with error "Error connecting to the remote server. Ensure the server is ...

Venom-777 by Level 2
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! HyperV Backup failing with "Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed."

Morning all, Last week i was testing out VMWare. I copied 1 of my virtual machines vhd file to the desktop and then used that desktop copy to use the VMWare Converter to convert to a VMWare image. The actual vhd image was untouched (apart from copyin...

How to backup a share on a SAN

On Baqckup Exec 11d, I just used to select the shares on my IBM SAN and it would back them up. The shares are directly off the SAN running whatever IBM software and is managed via a web interface. Now using Backup Exec 2012, when I try to backup thes...

BE2012 - existing jobs are vanished again - SP1a is vaporware !!

Hi, existing Backup Job definitions are vanishing again. After the first problems with the RTM there was a fix for the problem. All was fine. Now the errors occurs againg and the f****ing prduct keeps crashing at simple tasks. A simple backup sql 201...

JuergenB by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels