Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

back up failed

I encountered this problem after the backup was doneCompleted status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000354 - Consistency check on Exchange objects cannot be performed because Backup Exec cannot find the required component CheckSGFiles.dll. Ensure that the ...

Resolved! install backup exec agent on windows 10

hi all  i have on my enviroment machine worked on windows 10, and i need to backup huge data from this machine, i tried to install agent for symantec backup exec agent,it failed many times. i review the compatability for windows 10 with symantec bac...

Backup Exec 15 - Granular Recovery Technology - Exchange

Hi All. I have a job in Symantec backup Exec 15, that is divided into 2: Full and Incremental. The Full backup job runs well as scheduled, but the incremental keeps failing. It says "V-79-57344-862 - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange w...

NDMP Backup running slow

Hi Experts,     There are are two backup jobs out of 19 jobs that are running extremely slow if i run them on different schedule.   Backup Tool:backup exec 2012 Tape Library :quantum scalar(LTO5)   I was unable to run those jobs on last weeke...

.v2i files

I am using BExec 2010 A recent job failed and said a "servername129.v2i" file was corrupt. I have 4 of these files on my system.  ServerName002_i001.iv2iServerName127.iv2iServerName128.iv2iServerName129.iv2i Question What are these files?

bacup exec 2014 warning

hi, i face a problem on backup exec 2014 it is not acitrical problem,but i want to know the reason ,the backup exec alerts each day have warning about the test credential for Vcenter for the vmare that the automated credential test failed but when i ...

Backup of an Oracle database fails with an error "Unknown CORBA exception. Unable to contact the media server. Confirm that the Backup Exec Job Engine service is running on the media server"

Hello good day! I have problems when trying to backup a database, you have other copies rare esque database similarly scheduled and done well, but this gives me error. Create a laboratory, reinstall the Symantec Backup and create the job to copy the ...

Backup Exec / Error en copia de Base de datos

Hola Buenos Dias! Tengo problemas al intentar hacer un backup de una base de datos, lo raro esque tengo otras copias de base de datos programadas de igual manera y se hacen bien, pero esta me da error. Cree un laboratorio, instale de nuevo el symante...

Resolved! BEUtility won't open

I have logged into my media server with local admin rights and launched the BEUtility. All of the utilities I attempt (Dump database, drop database, check indices etc) fail. So, I am wondering if I instead should be opening BEUtility as the account ...

Urgent Request - Backup Exec Install Fails

I had to reinstall Backup Exec 2010 R3 on WIndows 2008 Server. I did an uninstall of SQL 2005 and 2008 prior. Now when I install, it fails with 3 errors in the log. 1. V-225-206 Connection 1 attempt failed SSL Provider.... 2. V-225-209 Unable to ...

Backup Exec 2012

Hi Experts.   I am looking for a comprehensive health check list for the backup exec servers and also some runbooks or links  to perform operational tasks.Best practices.   Known error codes. Example:How to configure ndmp backups? Restore proce...

Database cant be fixed via BEUtility

I am using B.Exec 2010R3. I saw that my BExec Services were stopped. Upon trying to start them, the "dependency service" error repeated until I got to Device and Media Manager service. That gave me a "...server specific error code  536928979". And....

System state backups fail

Hi All,   I have an issue with one of my DC server where the syaten state backup has failed, the account used is a domain admin account. Permission have been granted , the same account is been used with all servers in my environment where the back...

Doolze by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incremental backup configured over Amazon bucket fails

Hello, Here I'll describe my problem in case anyone can help me. I have a Windows 2012 R2 Server with Backup Exec 2015. Months ago I configured my backup jobs as follows: One monthly job that makes a complete backup to a shared folder which is in ...

BE 15.0.3 The query for jobview failed

Hi, We have about 230 Job definitions, 1400 jobs on a 3 month old install on 2012R2. from 1 day to another, "The query for jobview failed" and the console is rendered useless. In this case i was instructed to restore the database after the incid...

MMouse by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

ODCB error - Backup Exec catalog error

Hi There I've got the Problem, there is an error multiple times a day, no access to the odbc. System BackupExec 2014 patched on a Windows 2012 R2 Std Server. The server is used for VMWare vCenter Server and Backup Exec 2014 (HP Proliant DL380 G9). ...

JMRail by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels