Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Problem with pre/post commands and RALUS

I'm having a problem with the pre/post commands when performing a backup of a linux server using RALUS.Here are my setup details:Backup serverWindows 2003 Server - fully updatedBackup Exec for Windows v12 (recently upgraded)Linux client licenses are ...

Problem with Agent unix legacy !!

I have installed unix legacy agent on redhat 7.2 and i can't see the linux server in "backupexec for windows server" version 12 and 9.I have the debug file : ./agent.be: Using configuration file: agent.cfg15935:Config File Workstation Name=tdtest1593...

crapo by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Legacy unix agent on Leopard Mac OSX 10.5 server

Hi,We currently run the legacy unix agent on of all our Mac OSX servers running 10.4 server, with great success.However, I cannot get this to work on a new 10.5 Xserve.I appreciate that Symantec's official line is that we must upgrade to Backexec 12 ...

bsuk_2 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.1 - 12

Is the 9.1 agent for Unix compatable with BE 12?

Seagya by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server 2008, Fedora core 7, Ralus Agent and IPtables...

Hi folks, I have a question about IPtables rules and such.The jist of my network is as follows:Server 2008 running veritas 12Fedora Core 7 with the ralus agent.Currently I have my scripts backing up what  I need at 1am. At 2am I flush IPtables. At 2:...

Device Attached to Mac XServer

Hi, We've just got a new apple Xserver + tape library and Backup Exec 12 + MAC Remove agent. My question is, should we be able to see and use the backup device connected to the MAC? At the moment the only backup device I can see is the one connected ...

MillIT by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem Backing Up SLES 10 Server

There does not seem to be a definitive answer to the issue outlined here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289165.htmI have upgraded to the latest version of the RALUS and still the same.As it is I cannot backup my SLES 10 servers at all.Anyo...

Is the RALUS client for Mac x86 native ?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/295304.htmShows that both PPC and INTEL systems are supported; but the main question for me is if the agent finally is a universal binary; or is it still a PPC binary running in emulation mode on INTEL servers...

RALUS on RHEL5

Hello Symantec,Can you tell me if RedHat AP (advanced platform) v 5.1 is supported in the latest version of BackupExec? Or if there are any patches/hotfixes I can download that will allow the RALUS agent to work with v5.1? The compatibility doc doesn...

bfilipek by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Novell's OES

Is there any more information in regards of Backup Exec coming out with a version that will run on Novell's OES?  I do not want to run a Windows server to backup OES

Support for Legacy Unix Agent v5.046?

Hi,just installed the trial to test it out. Now I found out that the old Legacy Agent won't work anymore. This is bad because we got some old Solaris 8 Systems running with the Legacy Agent. So we are not able to backup these servers with the new ver...

Labels