Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Comparaison entre NAS et OST

Bonjour,  J'ai mis en place une solution de sauvegarde Backup Exec 2014 avec une baie de disque Quantum Dxi4701. j'ai configurer la baie comme disque OST sur Backup Exec 2014 mais j'ai un problème de gestion d'espace avec cette technologie. je souh...

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 SDR Backups on Media Server

I can't seem to get SDR to turn on with our BE15 media server jobs. This means I can't to a bare metal restore or conversion from point in time to VM. This basically means you can’t restore your backup exec media server in a real DR situation. Has an...

SaiP by Level 3
  • 20 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 Error with Amazon S3 Config

Hello, I receive an error every time I try to configure an Amazon S3 bucket as a storage device I get the error: BEMSDK Failure Code: A0009B23. I am running on server 2012 R2, using Backup Exec 15 FP1. I have gone through and installed the latest ...

Lazo86 by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 - Restore data from tape

I am trying to find a way, how to extract data from restored Shadow Copy Components tape in Backup Exec 2014. I have daily about 10 tasks appliance_dedupe and one task storages it all to tape every day. I have setup one month task to create month ta...

Aladyreg by Level 3
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 15 refreshing Virtual Machines

Hello everyone, I'm currently running Backup Exec 2015 and I'm backing up 43 VM's, devided over 1 vCenter and 3 ESXi hosts. I'm connecting to the vCenter server in order to get full VM backups - which is the preferred method for this company.  The ...

Resolved! Backup Randomly Exceeds Tape Size?

Hi,  Windows 2008 R2 Server, Backup Exec 2014, LTO-3 Tapes / Drive I am exeperiencing a strange issue, we backup up pretty much identical data on a daily basis, lets's say for arguments sake, 5GB is the absolute most the backup size will fluctuate....

IanW82 by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

D2D2T tape management

We are running Backup Exec 2010 R3, currently running D2D2T with two standalone LTO 5 drives. The duplicate jobs take a long time and require too much manual intervention swapping tapes. We just purchased a tape library with two LTO 6 drives. We want...

Resolved! LTO tapes marked as WORM after deduplication process

Hi, using Backupexec 15 I configured deduplication disk storage and try to use it on a test backup with duplication stage on tape LTO. After the process, all tapes in the library are of type WORM. How can I configure tapes as normal tapes? Thanks...

Unknown ICON appeared after tape was stuck - Backup Exec 2014

Hi, I have a library with 4 LTO5 tapes running on a TS 3310 Library. The jobs were configured to be NDMP backups about a month ago. For some reason, backup jobs and restore jobs started hanging 3 days ago. By hanging, I mean the job status gets stuc...

pxtian by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec 2010 R2 job stuck

Hi, I have an issue with BackupExec 2010 R2 getting stuck on jobs. The job runs and then gets to a point where the status is "running" but nothing is actually happening. my normal full monthyl back-up is 2.1TB to 2.3TB but now the job will stuc...

uricvon by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2014 - importing tapes automatically

Hi,   Kindly note that previously all the tapes were being imported automatically and the jobs were working perfectly fine. But two months ago this changes. Whenever i come to office in the morning, 2 or 3 tapes require my action to get imported. S...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Get all jobs with BEMCLI from primary and secondary servers

Hi all, I try to get a list of all BackupExec jobs using bemcli/powershell. To do this I run Get-BEJob on BackupExec2014 primary (central administration) server. I expect to get the results I see in BackupExec management console - all jobs from pri...

arv2 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Speeds - was 2000MB/min now 130MB/min

I'm looking for some thoughts on where to begin looking for a problem we encountered last night. We're running backups to a Seagate 8TB USB drive using a USB3.0 port. Typically our nightly incrementals are between 400 and 700MB/min and the full back...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 queued forever and Drive error

Recently our tape drive failed so we had to purchase and install a new one. I have only started using Backup Exec 2012 in the last few months so I am by no means a pro. With a little help from Google I got the drive up and running so it shows as usab...

BACKUP STORAGE SOLUTION

Dear Support Team, Greetings I'm looking for backup solution for small & medium size organization. I'm using windows 2012 R2 as application server and having 20 users connected in AD & using oracle 10g on linux platform for oracle database, I wo...

Resolved! backup speed degradation

I'm looking for some thoughts on where to begin looking for a problem we encountered last night. We're running backups to a Seagate 8TB USB drive using a USB3.0 port. Typically our nightly incrementals are between 400 and 700MB/min and the full back...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12 error V-79-57344-34029

Encounter backup error while backup. Every 2 day, backup exec will backup whole server data, 1st backup process will complete successful. When perform 2nd backup on same data catridge (LTO3), will encounter error code V-79-57344-34029.  Try with bran...

Exchange 2013 DAG Expired-Backup-Sets not delete on B2D-Device

Hello, We are running BE15 on a MediaServer with Windows 2008 R2 SP1. The Backups are configured as B2D2T. Exchange Backups running succesfully first on local Backup2Disk-Device an then afterwards copying to tape. All BackupSets which Retention...

Gunni75 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels