Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backwards Compatibility for NAS Backups

We are using a Snapserver NAS N2000 and are migrating from CA ArcServe to Symantec Backup Exec 2012. When attempting to install a BE agent on this device, Overland Storage support advised me that this model doesn't support BE2012 agents, only 2010R3 ...

Backup EXEC can't add NDMP device

Backup EXEC Server: 14.0 Revision 1798 (64 bit) In Backup EXEC console--storage , click “configure storage”,  In  “configure storage” wizard dialog, select "NDMP storage", click "next", input EMC NAS(VNX5300)  hostname, port number 10000, login user ...

mmx by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SOLVED: How to redirect a NDMP Lun restore

Hi, I'm backing up a volume that contains a LUN. In case I need to restore the LUN to another volume, how do I redirect it? I can't seem to find any tab or field for NDMP redirection in the restore window.   Thanks

NDMP backup of a volume that contains NTFS compression

Hi, I'm using NetApp and I have a 550GB volume containing a 500GB LUN which is mapped as a Raw Disk to a Windows 2008 server as drive E:. The LUN has abour 10GB free space. On that Drive E:, I have a folder which contains all the data and I want to a...

Deduplication Issue

Hi!   We are running Backup Exec 2012 (v14.1798) on a Windows 2008R2x64 (IBM System x3650 [7979KPG] / ServeRAID 8k/8k-l, 6 drives -> B2D). We also bought a license for deduplication function. I created two big partitions: one for fast backup/restore ...

badland by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NDMP Restore to Redirected Folder

Using Backup Exec 2012 SP2  I backed up our Dell FS7600 NAS to tape using the NDMP option and Enable History to allow for granular restores.   I am now trying to restore a single folder that was originally in the \Share container on the NAS to the \R...

Resolved! Powershell job definition and NDMP

Hi, I am trying to automate my backup job of a NAS (Netapp) because I have a lot of volume that are create /delete regulary and I don’t wont’ maintain via the classic interface selections in jobs. The goal is to automate selection in jobs or create a...

ylo by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Excluding directories and files for NDMP backup selections

I have been trying to create a NDMP pattern to exclude files and directories from an EMC Sans.  I have been working with Symantec Tech support we and haven't been able to determine why the selection and the exclusions patterns are not working.  I hav...

Resolved! NDMP backup selection list

I have Backup Exec 2012 SP2 installed. I purchased and installed the NDMP license. I'm trying to backup some directories from ISILON (6.5.1.8). I added the NDMP storage to Backup Exec. Now when I go to the backup selction list, I only see the volume....

AS902 by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tape library sharing between NetApp NAS and media server

I am working on a backup topology design. The customer has one NetApp SAN/NAS with FC tape out port, and one HP MSL tape library with two FC LTO5 drives. They will have a BE 2010 or BE 2012 media server with FC port, and several Hyper-V with FC ports...

Henry_Cheng by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NDMP Best Practices?

I've been searching around and have not found much information on NDMP backups. What does a typical rotation scheme look like?   We backup 2 X a day so if I start with backup 0(full) friday night then level 1 saturday noon 2 saturday night 3 sunday n...

Resolved! NDMP backup fails with: 0xe0001319

I just installed a Dell FS7600 and am trying to get the NDMP backups to work.  When I select a regular backup (not a onetime backup as described in the link below), I receive this error: Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0001319 - The provider...

Resolved! Central Admin Server 2012

Has anyone attempted to use the CASO and gotten it to work with File Servers or NDMP? I attach to an NDMP server and run a backup job. It completes successfully in 0 seconds. No backup sets are generated. I can run through the same process directly o...

TKE by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2012 DeDup Option and NDMP Backups

Based on what I'm seeing, the NDMP back up streams are not being DeDuplicated or the deduplication ratio is non existent.   My questions is: If I have NDMP disabled on the NetApp filers and back up the volumes via CIFS shares, will I be able to DeDup...

Resolved! NDMP FS7600 NDMP backup job options does not match the provider

Hi I've a DELL FS7500 where NDMP backup running well On my new FS7600 (present in the HCL), i've the following issue : NDMP backup job options does not match the provider. To precise, when i take a look to backup selection details, i have  @@PROVIDER...

GuiA by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels