Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Unable to Edit or view media sets

Hi All, We recently migrated our be2010 files to a trail version of be14.2 (15)  We are unable to view or edit any of the media sets, we can only do this in be command line.  This is al we see in the storage tab. shouldnt media sets also be there?...

Post-Migration Error Database Encryption Key is Incorrect

HI- I just moved my Backup Exec 15 installation to a new server and now it won't let me open the GUI displaying the error: The Database encryption key is incorrect, corrupt, or missing. Ensure that a valid database encryption key with the name "abcd...

Resolved! backup exec 15 backup sets not deleted.

Hi Running Backup Exec 15 on a Windows server 2012 R2 host for Hyper-V. I use 5 indetical usb disk's that i swap daily. Connected as drive X:. I have made a backup store call'd "Daily" that point's to X:\bedata. Backup job has set that the backup...

Dotdk by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to connect the service

Hi All, Greetings! Anyone can help me regards with my problem? I just want to share the Deduplication disk from my Managed Backup Exec Server to my CASO. But every time I've clicking the "checkbox" as well as the "OK", the error message prompting. ...

J_Huggins by Level 6
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up Hyper-V guests with Dedup

Here is my problem with my current setup (which consists of a Dedicated Server running BE 2015 with 5TB storage, and a 3600 Appliance with 5TB storage) We use deduplication storage on both systems, and we copy jobs from one unit to the other for off...

GalenG by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup job fail.

when I backup my hyper-v system, the job always fail. kindly refer to below PIC. Error Message : Backup- VRTSRV::\\HYPERVSVR.pfem.local\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\dcsvr Error writing file data. Job Completion Status Job ended: Tuesday, 17 May, ...

Best Practice for backing up Dell EqualLogic SAN

Hello, Are there any guidelines for best practices regarding Dell EqualLogic SAN devices and Backup Exec? Our current environment has a Windows 2012 R2 server with Backup Exec 2015 backing up several machines and VMs to tape. Our SAN storage is conn...

NDMP Backup and Restore for NetApp Cluster Data ONTAP 8.3.1

Hello All we have an NetApp FAS2552 Cluster Ontap Box Version 8.3.1P1. we have backup exec 2015 and we have configured NDMP backup for CIFS shares which is on NetApp box. we have configured Node scope mode fro the backup and we are facing the bell...

KPKARTHIK by Level 2
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Only full backups with dedup

I'm about to backup a couple of servers over a wan link just using fullbackup jobs and client-side depuplication , no incremental just full backups. pros and cons ?   Patrik  

Backup Exec 15

I have backup(DATA and CATALOG Folder) of my Backup Exec 15(with FP3) Old Server which is installed on windows server 2012 R2.And i also have .bkf file from SDR backup of one of the Server. Now i have installed Backup Exec 15(withFP3) on another mach...

Bash by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

My List of Problems With Backup Exec

I've used Backup Exec for years at numerous employers on numerous platforms, in both virtual and non-virtual environments, backing up everything from app servers to file servers, SQL servers to Exchange server, domain controllers and VM snapshots.  I...

BE15 admin console error

When I am using the BE15 FP3, below error pop up  and I have problem to access the audit log with attached error screen. Please advise. BTW, what is the path of BE15 DB was backup ? An error with the Backup Exec administration console has occurred....

SymQNA by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Backup Synology shared folders

Hi, On a physical host, I want to backupone shared folder on a synology NAS. Adding the NAS in selections is ok, using NAS login and password. I always get an error trying to test credentiel. So a tried on a second NAS (WD) and got the same issue. ...

OD77 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't duplicate full and incremental backups to tapes

Hello, We are having trouble with duplicating full and incremental backups to tape with slot partitions (Monday through Sunday as seen below): We're using Backup Exec 2015 and each night our file server backups to a hard drive and then those back...

PMWJH by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Consequences of incremental backups

Hello there, I've got a question about incremental backups with backup exec (version 12 to 15). We use this kind of backup for our customer which backup their servers on a nas over iSCSI. Once a week (for example on monday) a full backup job is sche...

cf_ch by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels