Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Icon clarification

Dear all, May I know what is the difference between those two backup icons in job monitor from Backup exec 2015? 1.  2.  Eric

Resolved! Is it possible to backup a single file on an NDMP share?

I am running Backup Exec 15 with Feature Pack 3.  My backups appear to be running properly.  However, I noticed that I am unable to restore a single file from directory that I have set up as a n NDMP CIFS share.  I can only restore the entire directo...

Back up Exec 15

Hi,   Could anyone please help me identify the diffence of the following Symantec BACKUP EXEC SERVER ED WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD LICENSE and Backup E xec15 SVR Windows ML Media

Rose0321 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Why are the tapes marked overwriteable?

When I put in expired tapes to the tape machine, Backup Exec is marking all the tapes overwriteable and linking them together. I only have 6 tapes availible to write on to. I used to have only two overwriteable tapes. Why is Backup Exec making all th...

Can not Add storage in network

Hi can not add Disk Storage Device From Network with UNC Path and show this Error: " The path apperears to be an invalid path. Please ensure the server name and share name are correct." Please Help me to solve this problem. System Information MS...

Can not Add storage in network

Hi can not add Disk Storage Device From Network with UNC Path and show this Error: " The path apperears to be an invalid path. Please ensure the server name and share name are correct." Please Help me to solve this problem. System Information MS...

Error 0xe0008105 on Cataloging Job

Good Day. Backup Exec 2015 , 14.2 1180.2113 We have problem on wrong showing in Backup Exec storage free space and Phisical disk free space (less 500Gb) I try run job Cataloging on Appliance Dedupe storage, but job stopping after 6 hours on Error ...

symantec backup exec error 1 incorrect function

The other day after a reboot of the backup exec server the dedup service would not start again, se below error info: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec> spad --trace -v Info: set entire process max log size to 0 Info: set entire process max log...

Very Low rate in the verification phase in the job

Hello everyone,   I have Backup Exec 15 intalled in Windows Server 2012 R2 et configured with Library Tape DELL TL 2000. I have a problem with all my job. When i have a job backup running, it's work at 1200 MB/min, but in the verification phase, ...

Guiga by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Backups to 3Tb RDX

I have a 2012 R2 server running a SATA Tandberg RDX drive in a Hp Gen8 server. Latest Firmware, Latest Version of BU exec. With 2 Tb Cartridge we achieve a transfer rate of 2500 Mb per minute. With a 3Tb Cartridge we acheive a transfer rate of les...

Incremental Backups not Running until Full backup is complete

Hello, I am new with this BE backup system and need your professional advice. We do our Full backups every Sunday and our Incremental backups from Monday - Saturday. Our Full backups takes 3 to 4 days to complete (with verification) and the Increm...

Kanuto23 by Level 2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

DB Encryption Key

On the home screen we were being prompted to export a DB encryption key. I ran through the wizard and picked a location to export it to. The question is now what? It created a .dek file that I cannot open and I have no idea what the key is or what i...

Resolved! BackupEXEc 2014 V-Ray licensing Issues

We purchased Backup Exec 2014 V-Ray Edition with 4 licenses. Program backup all the virtual machines contained on two Hyper-V hosts. Each host has 2 cores. For several months, backups were performed without any problems until we have made a backup SQ...

Backing up Exchange 2010 Event ID 531 ESE.dll

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has encounter this issue before with regards to backing up exchange database. Now with that being said our job completes without any issues. The database backup that is currently setup is set to go to disk then to t...

Vdang by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels