Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! LTO Tape

Hi all,   Is there any option to recover data on LTO tape which has been allocated to other jobs that automatically  overwritte the original file.    Regards

akaw by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Error beim Sichern einer Exchange 2010 Datenbank

Hallo Community,   seit einigen Tagen erhalten wir eine Fehlermeldung beim Sichern einer Exchange 2010 Datenbank: Der VSS Writer ist fehlgeschlagen, der Vorgang kann jedoch wiederholt werden (0x800423f3), Status: Stabil (1). Die anderen Datenbanken, ...

Flo2210 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 R2 and Agent for Windows 2012 Server

Hi all,   we have curretly running a Server 2008 with BE 2010R2. Now i have installed a Windows 2012 Server and i can't install the agnet on it. Is there any solution for that? It allways fails after the data(agnet) transfer to server 2012.   Thank y...

mghomer by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! upgrade license and still trial period

Hi everybody i want to know why when i upgrade my license for 2010 to 2012 and import it i'm still in the trial period. i really want  to know what causes this issues

Passing ST0 Certification Exam

Hi everybody  I'am a tunisian IT engineer and i want to pass the Backup Exec 2012 certification exam ,but my symaccount still inactive (as the trainer tell me) I need to help me in order to figure out the procedure to pass this exam and fix my syma...

Lost the lot! help

Good morning all, We have set up several virtual servers, onto which one was placed our Backup Exec 12.5 server. We were halfway through setting up a backup for the vmdks when the SAN failed and has lost all of the metadata for the vmdk files for aro...

Resolved! Korrektes anlegen von Differenzial-Backup`s

Zum richtigen Anlegen eines Differenzial-Backups habe ich noch sicherheitshalber einige Fragen: File- und Systemserver sollen ber Differenzial-Backup gesichert werden. Geplant ist unter der Woche Mo-Do ein Differenzial-Backup und am Freitag ein volls...

Resolved! Richtiges Backup Exchange

Hallo! Nachdem ich aus den AdminHandbuch und der Suche nicht schlau geworden bin, frage ich lieber nach: Es läuft ein MS SBS 2003 mit Exchange. Zur Sicherung mit Backupexec 2010 R2 hab ich mich für eine vollständige tägliche Sicherung entschieden (10...

Resolved! Delay archiving in Backup Exec 2012

I have a question.   I set up an archive job to run in a volume of 10TB. As I had problem of execution, just dividing this volume. I made a backup of 1.5TB and gotten, started the archiving. The Archive and Backup is performed in the same storage. ...

Resolved! Event ID 58053

Hi all, I have BE2012 installed on a server running Win 2008 R2 64 bit. I had encountered the following error message in my email as i configured it to sent email alert to me in case anything is wrong with BE2012: (Server: "PCOS") (Job: "Inventory De...

bare metle recovery from tape?

I am in the process of assessing backup exec 2012 I was under the impressions that you could do a bare mettle restore in backup exec 2012 from tape. Is this true? As I cannot find any documents that suggest it is true. And when looking at the boot ...

mwl by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Activate Symantec Backup Exec License 2012

Hi Experts,   Recently I had installed Sysmantec Backup Exec 2012 to Windows Server 2008 R2. Current envirinement I've Symantec Backup Exec 2010 which is no longer use. I tried to install license using Backup Exec 2010 but its failed. My quiestion is...

MatLan by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sharepoint agent licencing for Backup Exec 2012

Hi , I have a sharepoint server  backed up by  BE2012 . I ran the licence assessment tool today on my mediaserver and found that we are short of one agent licence  for sharepoint.  The result of the  licence assessment is as given below. Sharepointse...

josek by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels