Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

IT Manager

Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V (2 XEON CPU)   I want to use with Backup exec V-RAY edition I try to find how to install the V-RAY, How to Configure the V_RAY, any video of "how to", any Administrator guide, but I don't find. All the instruction goes to ...

d5dudu5 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackupExec - job complete with exceptions

Hi, I have a problem with backupexec 13.0. We have four plants with the same server scenario: Windows server 2008 BackupExec 13.0 Rev. 4164 64bits Tape Unit Dell PV100T In one of these plants I have a problem, my backup job finished with exceptions, ...

Resolved! Hardware + Software Upgrade using BE2012

HI, I need your comments with regards to this scenarios. I inherited this network from a previous IT staff. Setup: The Tape Drive (HP Storageworks ULTRIUM 1760 SAS Internal Tape Drive / G2 / Autoloader) is currently connected to a Domain Controller ...

Backup Exec 2012 - Servers with status Never Backed up

Hi all, I have an frustrating issue with a bunch of virtual servers (currently 70)  that are dragged into CASO server and they are all listed as Never backed up. These servers have no jobs connected to them, they have no agent installed locally, and ...

Resolved! CIFS backup file size

We have Backup Exec 2012 running backups to CIFS on a Quantum DXi6700.  I've been looking into setting up the maximum file on the storage properties in Backup Exec because it was initially set to 4GB by the tech who configured it, which would make th...

automaton by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tape Drivers for Sony AIT2

Hi, I'm trialling Backup Exec 2012. I have a Sony AIT2 tape drive, which was purchased 5-10 years ago. It still works and used to work with Backup Exec v10d / v11. When I try to install the Symantec tape drivers for this SCSI drive using the BE 2012 ...

clever4 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! tape getting ejected in middle of backup Job

Recently we brought a new tape drive HP LTO-4 Ultrium1760 , Am running Backupexec 2010 R3 -On win2008 R2   issue :-   Tape is getting ejected on the middle of a backup job.  At frist we thought of issue with the Tape drive, HP team as confrimed that ...

BE 12.5 to BE 2012 Upgradation

Hi Team,     Currently we are using BE 12.5 on Windows Server 2003. Now we are going to upgrade BE 2012. Kindly provide the what are the pre-requirement for this activity and how we will make this activity successfull.   Thanks, vicky...

Remote agent for Windows Server Licensing - Server 2012

If server 2012 were supported, this would be simpler, but I need to back up Server 2008 VM's on a server 2012 host.  While the number of physical servers being backed up matches our remote agent licensing, we are relying on the hyper-v agent licenses...

Active Directory Users and Computers

All I just did a test restore of the backup from my Primary Active Directory Domain Controller/DNS system, on a system running Windows Server 2003,and although everything on the desktop and in the C: drive is there, in Active Directory Users and Comp...

BE 2012 Tape Dupe

Hopefully the title is correct. I have a Robotic library with 2 magazines and eight slots in each. I already have it setup with each tape (6) having its own partition. Now I am tasked to make a copy of each tape to store it off site. Will that be a d...

Resolved! Help in determining customer's licence position

Hello, Our customer has asked us to check if what they have licensed corresponds with what they have installed; Would  SYMC PROTECTION SUITE ENTERPRISE EDITION 3.0 PER USER RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS (licensed to year end) correspond to what we see inst...

Noelle by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels