Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 R3 unable to browse the folder in RHL server.

Hi, We have the following infra. Backup Exec 2010 R2 on Windows 2003 Ent. SP2 (32bit). As Master and Media server RALUS of BE 2010 R3 installed on RHEL 5.4 64 Bit. As BE Client We have installed the RALUS of BE 2010 R3 on the RHEL and its was success...

Only root is able to make Backups

Hello, We have the following Problem. We have Backup Exec 2012 SP2. We want to Backup a Linux Machine. (CENTOS 5.4)  We have correctly installed the Linux Backup Exec Agent. During the Installation, a new group has been generated --> beoper. In this...

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No folders on RHEL 5.5 Server

Hello -   Using RALUS and BU Exec 2010.  We backup several other RHEL 5.5 boxes and those are fine.  Have two that exhibit the following behavior:   - Go to BU Exec and create new backup job - Choose server in question and authenticate to it.  (Have ...

JeffB by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 2010 R3 - RAMS agent & PowerPC architecture

Everything I'm seeing points to us not being able to bring the older G5's that we have (PowerPC's).    Is there another way, eg: using a version RALUS, 2012 RAMS agent, I saw a thread that suggest the 2012 RAMS, but no subsequent posts.   There are o...

Full Mac Backup doesn't include all files

I'm running Backup Exec 2010 R2 and the Mac client is an old 10.4. The selection includes all files and the user used is ROOT. The File System has 598,601 files. The Backup ends successfully with 3 files excluded (2 are corrupted and 1 is locked). Th...

Resolved! CentOS

Why is Symantec dragging its feet when it comes to the support of CentOS?  It is a direct BINARY clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  Anyone in the Linux world knows this except Symantec.  This means, that it is the SAME operating system with the RedH...

Resolved! Backup Lotus Notes 8.5 on RedHat Linux

I've read in the Backup Exec Admin Guide and the Software Compatibility List that backing up Lotus Notes is only supported on Windows. However, some people confirm that they are able to use Backup Exec 2012 to back up Lotus Notes that is installed on...

Ahmad54 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Media Server unable to login to Linux Server

Hello, I have a Windows 2008 Backup Exec Media 2010 R3 Server that is trying to connect to a Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4. However the BE server is unable to authenticate to the SLES server. I get the following error when trying to browse into...

Problema con Backups AM/PM

Buenos dias amigos.. Actualmente tengo instalado el Backup Exec 2010 R3 y lo tengo configurado para que todos los viernes a las 23Hs realize un backup completo del sistema (Por fecha de modificacion), y que de lunes a jueves realize un Backup Diferen...

Restore Oracle Archive Logs

I need help to Restore Oracle11g Archive Logs. Running this command bellow i get errors:   Connected to my target database and recovery catalog   RMAN> RUN { 2> ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0 3>      TYPE 'SBT_TAPE'; 4> SEND 'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=192.168.63.189,NB...

Resolved! Acceso denegado al realizar Backups Linux

Hola, buenos dias.. Tengo un agente en linux, que lo manejo desde un servidor principal en Windows Server 2008, el problema es que cuando realizo un backup del servidor linux y despues lo restauro, a la carpeta restaurada no la puedo copiar o elimina...

Backup Full Linux with Oracle - Does it work ?

Hello.   Probability i will need to make a backup with Backup Exec 2012 in one of my clients and it contains an Oracle RAC on Red Hat. I´m wondering if i do a Full Backup of the entire Linux, Will i be able do restore like the "Bare metal recovery" o...

timgarbim by Level 4
Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Remote Agent Download Links

Where can I find the download links for the Backup Exec 2010 R2 REMOTE AGENTs for linux and solaris? All I have access to is ralus4164SP1.tar.gz and seeing as that is a service pack upgrade I cant do a clean install from that. I have been looking for...

skorpen by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels