Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Installing Backup Exec Remote Agent For Oracle On Linux

Dears ,,, Greetings, we have Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 (64-bit) installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. We used to have a remote agent for oracle (Symantec symbdsnap, build 2.0.1-1783) installed on a Oracle Enterprise Lin...

How to create a VRTSralus response file.

Good morning.  I'm looking for istructions/documents about response files to automate VRTSralus installation on RedHat 6. Ralus installer seems to provide sorts of automated installation options but I'm not able to find any reference about it on BE20...

Resolved! Backwards Compatibility for NAS Backups

We are using a Snapserver NAS N2000 and are migrating from CA ArcServe to Symantec Backup Exec 2012. When attempting to install a BE agent on this device, Overland Storage support advised me that this model doesn't support BE2012 agents, only 2010R3 ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 VMware Deduplizierung QNAP

Hallo Backup Exec Gemeinde, ich möchte mir gern eure Meinung einholen zu dem Thema VMware Agent und Depluzierung auf QNAP(TS-EC1279U-RP) Geräten. Wir würden gern einen Windows 2008 R2 (HP ProLiant DL360 G8) mit Backup Exec 2012 nutzen. Dieser soll 80...

Resolved! Agent for Oracle Linux

Hi, I've subscribed to the Backup Exec 2012 Software Compatibility List (SCL). Every time I am notified that there's an update, I get disappointed because the compatibility of Oracle Linux 6 has not made any progress. Currently, it's still at 6.1 wh...

OUHK by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

solution for Vdp

We are using synmantec backup 2010 to back up data in our organisation. We are planning to use Vdp 5.5 for Vmware recovery so soon. So I want to know if I can install synmantec backup 2010 remote agent on Vdp 5.5 to back up  vmware backup file to tap...

Resolved! Unable to perform incremental backups

Hi All, I've installed the remote agent on one of our Linux machine on the DMZ. In the beginning there were network-related issues that prevented the backups from running. I've ironed them out using the knowledge base articles. The full backups are n...

Remote Agent V-79-57344-33899

We are trying to backup a drive located on our server which is mapped to our unix server. The drive is mapped through NetDrive the backup destination is USB drive plugged into the windows 2003 server. If we run a manual backup and a test it completes...

Backup Exec Linux Agent - change port Agent for single server

Dear All, I have Backup Exec 2012 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, this server is backuping about 30 servers, nearly all are Windows servers (2003 2008 2012) and 2 of them are Linux Servers. One Linux server is running on the standard port and this...

DavideD by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 R3 unable to browse the folder in RHL server.

Hi, We have the following infra. Backup Exec 2010 R2 on Windows 2003 Ent. SP2 (32bit). As Master and Media server RALUS of BE 2010 R3 installed on RHEL 5.4 64 Bit. As BE Client We have installed the RALUS of BE 2010 R3 on the RHEL and its was success...

Only root is able to make Backups

Hello, We have the following Problem. We have Backup Exec 2012 SP2. We want to Backup a Linux Machine. (CENTOS 5.4)  We have correctly installed the Linux Backup Exec Agent. During the Installation, a new group has been generated --> beoper. In this...

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Agent not detected on Linux server

Hi friend we had BE 2012, pls suggest any solutions on my below incident. Till date Job was working properly but suddenly we got this error, I tried to run manually job got successfuly completed, but same issue was reported on next day. Client server...

Installing Ralus 2012 on Ubuntu Linux kernel version 3

I am trying to install the Ralus agent for Backup Exec 2012 (v. 1798.17) on Ubuntu running kernel version 3. Yes, I know this is unsupported. And yes, I know the suggestion is to revert back to kernel version 2 (com` on, really?!), but that isn`t an ...

Dave_e by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No folders on RHEL 5.5 Server

Hello -   Using RALUS and BU Exec 2010.  We backup several other RHEL 5.5 boxes and those are fine.  Have two that exhibit the following behavior:   - Go to BU Exec and create new backup job - Choose server in question and authenticate to it.  (Have ...

JeffB by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 2010 R3 - RAMS agent & PowerPC architecture

Everything I'm seeing points to us not being able to bring the older G5's that we have (PowerPC's).    Is there another way, eg: using a version RALUS, 2012 RAMS agent, I saw a thread that suggest the 2012 RAMS, but no subsequent posts.   There are o...

Resolved! BE 12.5 Linux agent disconnecting with backup server

I receive the following error message with a backup job that I have scheduled to run daily:    Backup- server.server.com V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.     There are four se...

Labels