Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Boot Disk Symantec Exec ??

Hello, I'm using Symantec Exec and I want to know if is possible to create a Boot Disk? A few minutes ago I finish to create a full backup, and now I want to restore it but in a different server, but I  don't know how to start a Exec session in the b...

Point In Time restore - Domino database file size

Hi I am attempting to restore a database to its original location, (domino server) as a point in time restore... The database size is approx 1Gb, the restore is currently taking place and was wondering why the restoration size is up to 27Gb! I only ...

Restore from Backup Exec 8.0 Tapes

Hello again,   I have one simple question. Would it be possible to restore from VERITAS Backup Exec 8.0 Tapes? Now I use Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP1. Or I have to install the old VERITAS Backup Exec 8. But the problem is, we do not have this version a...

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hyper-V & Backup Exec 2010R2 - Restore Issues

I have seen a number of technotes which refer to this subject, but am unsure if this is now resolved or we a still awaiting a fix. I have Backup Exec 2010R2 installed on a W2K8R2 Windows server.  This is backing up data to a DataDomain 620 device (us...

SYMAJ by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Restoring a File & Print Server

Good afternoon, Symantec. I am preparing disaster recovery documentation for one of my file & print servers and have a few questions. I'm new to disaster recovery, so please bear with me. I have over 50 printers on Server A. Server A's hardware fails...

SMF_LLC by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Perform a restore from offline media.

I have to do a restore from tape and the media has a red x in it.  I am aware the media is offline.  I have looked on the media and it does have the data that needs to be restored.  How do I bring the media back online and restore from it?  I have tr...

Restore Job Failure

I'm attempting to restore a single SQL database from LTO2 tape using Backup Exec 2010 with SQL Server Agent. The job reaches 5% complete, and successfully restores the database files (around 11GB in size) to the desired location, but the job continue...

Is running to scirpt to delete B2k files

I would like to know if there will be a problem running a Script to delete B2k files that are older then set limit say 4 weeks and set the script to delete files that are 6 weeks or older. Will there be ant Averse affects to backup exec will backup e...

Error message when restoring Email from B2D image

Im trrying to restore a users inbox from a B2D image i created a few weeks ago.  When i go through the restore setup and and quite easily select the image and filter down to the mailbox i require. All individual emails are displayed so i select the i...

burtos by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Merge Catalogs into one Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Take 2

I have two media servers. I have retired one. I want to merge the catalog of the old server  to the remaining server Based on this post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/merge-catalogs-one-backup-exec-2010-r3 I assume I just copy the SE...

Lesta_G by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BE 2010 R3 VMDK Restore Redirection Error

Good Day, Im running BE 2010 R3 with VMWare Option installed. Full back up to tape are working fine, file level restore with redirection is ok also but when i try to restore a vmdk file and redirect it to local disk i keep on getting this error:    ...

EXCHANGE RESTORATION

Hi,   Environment : Backup Exec 2010 R3 ( win2k3 32 bits Enterprise Edition ) Exchange 2003 ( win2k3 32 bits Enterprise Edition )  When we going to perform restoration of user mailbox, Old Mails of user are also showing for restoration which user h...

vinayy by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Restore job Access denied

While trying to restore, access is denied to the root folder but not to its subfolders. The files to the sub folders restores fine.

Resolved! Retrieving information without details of system backed up on

I have some backup tapes from a customer who wishes to retrieve his emails from them. He doesn't know which version of Windows server the machine was running nor which version of exchange server. I've set up a test machine with 2k3 server (with the n...

Wolluf by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to restore edb file from an Exchange 2003 Std

Hi, I need help to restore the edb file from an Exchange 2003 server. The server doesn't exist anymore, now we have exchange 2010. I try to restore from many ways without success. I need to access edb file from the backup (on tape). I don't know if I...

siff by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Windows 7 tape backup / restore

I have a new environment that consists of two windows 7 laptops sharing a single iSCSI connected tape drive (using Microsoft iSCSI intiator).  I also have a number of LTO 3/4 tapes that were created by a variety of other environments, one being NTBac...

Resolved! Exchange Granular Restore

Hello I am using Backup Exec 2010 R3 and attempting a granular restore of Exchange 2007.  During the restore I get the error referenced in this article here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH171504   I have tried the...

Labels