Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backing up larger server with BE2010

Hi all I have a situation in a small environment which comprises of the following.  1 x Windows server running Backup Exec 2010. 1 x Windows File server comprising of 5TB of audio and video media files.  This is stored on a HP P2000 Fibre Channel sto...

sjw7 by Level 2
Partner
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec SAN shared option / solution design

I am planning to use backup exec SAN shared storage option to backup the servers directly to tape. I have the following environment 5 servers under VMware HA 1 SAN 2 san Switches 1 backup Exec Server 1 FC tape Library My question is: do...

Nitish_R by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2010 Dedupe duplication to tape -Sizing and performance

Hi all, I'm planning a centralised backup solution which will use BE2010 dedupe to a single 11TB dedupe folder. This folder will be on an EMC CX4- series with 13 x 1TB SATA drives in a raid 5 set. The tape device will be LTO5 FC attached. What kind ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12.0 SAN SSO option: Where do I start?

Greetings. We have a spare  Equallogic iSCSI SAN and would like to implement it for Backups. We acquired the SAN SSO and CASO options from our sales rep as trials, and would like to get everything to work properly. Our sales rep was unable to get us ...

dsr2010 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tape library with FC and SAS drives being shared by two systems

Can any one help me I have a tape library with 2 SAS and 2 FC drives which will be used by two systems, one system using the SAS drives and the other system using the FC drives What i'm trying to work out is how the system using the FC drives will...

matt077 by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec Share SAN storage option

Hello, Recently i have installed licence for Shared SAN option for our existing backupexec 2010 version. I have zoned the media server with FC connection. I tried to install the remote agent on a test server where i could test the SAN option, it wor...

bonnu by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery problem

Hello,  We are experiencing some problems with the Backup Exec 9 when starting a recovery process from the tape.  Actually, we are running the software on a Dell PowerEdge PE2900 and a Certance Powervault 110T LTO2 device.  The problem which we have...

hharis by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplication jobs tape device contention

Backup Exec 2010 I've got several servers backing up over the weekend from a single policy, with a duplication template in that policy that starts duplicating the full backup sets on Monday morning. Problem is, I've got two tape drives in the library...

Labels