Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Using BackUp Exec 2012 to back up ReadyNAS NV+

I have a Symantec BackUp Exec system running on a server right next to my ReadyNAS NV+ server. I want to back up the ReadyNAS as I do regular backups of my other servers. But when i try and run a test, an error message occours and the test can not pr...

KVH-ML by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore runs sucessfully - but no files restored

Anyone had this before? Using BEX 2012, backing up a vcentre server which backs up ok (with exceptions) I can drill down & see the file for a restore & the restore runs completes sucessfully but 0 files are restored. It works ok on others servers, ju...

Backup Exec useless ??

Hello, we are using BackupExec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2003 with a Quantum Tape Loader. Befor 2 month we made a Full Backup of our data (20 TB) and have done a verify after -> everything went ok. Now we needed a part of that Backup back, because an ...

CHBL by Level 3
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore job ran fine 1 time, can no longer connect to target

I created a job from my backup server to a different target server just to test that the data was useful. When creating the job I select the data files I want to transfer from a particular backup job. Everything goes fine. These are just regular file...

jcostello by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simplified Disaster Recovery Wizard doesn't show backup sets

Hi Guys,   I'm trying to restoe a server using SDR. However, when I get to the screen where you choose your backup sets, nothing is displayed in the "Point in time" list. This was the same tape I used about a month ago and it was working fine. I have...

Differentials succeed, but aren't available to restore.

We have two servers that run a full backup weekly, then differentials nightly.  When selecting restore points, or searching for files to restore, the full backups are available for restores, but the differential backups aren't listed.  The diff jobs ...

Public Distribution List Recovery

A user accidently deleted a public distribution list from Outlook 2010. I was able to recover the deleted Distribution list but every time I go into the list and double click a user to view his information i get this error: "Could not find contact " ...

Resolved! backup exec 2012 and restoring .bkf file problem

Hi, Trying to restore .bkf file from a network disk and running to problems at the very start. When the restore starts it starts to restore the first file and restores about 200kb from it and then it just sits there... time goes on but no more is res...

Dominus by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

restore from tape that used BE 11d with BE 2010

I have to restore a file that was backed up using BE 11d. I have just upgraded to BE 2010 on a Win 2003 R2. I tried to upgrade to 2012 but that failed misserably. So I had to completely un-install and clean up things and then down graded and went to ...

mnjoe by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

restore from backup Exec after server crash

trying to restore from a backup of the server and the software doesn't recognize that anything is there. I'm sure there is a step I missed somewhere.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

jsrogol by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to restore system state

Hi Folks,   I have a issue on restore system state. The error is error writing security data stream. Did anyone have meet this issue before? Can some help on this? Thank you very much for helping to resolve the issue.   Regards, Kelvin

Resolved! How to find B2D files relating to backup set?

Hi, I added a file server yesterday to my BE 2012 server and created a backup job. There is about 7GB of data in the file share and BE reported a succesful job and stated that it backed up all the data. However, I cannot for the life of me find the f...

Not following mount points, junction points message!

Hi, I am using a Dell Poweredge R710 connected to a Drobo 800i SAN that has the Deduplication drive configured to 4TB. I'm in the process of configuring BUE 2012 on all of our servers. When I am going through the job logs I noticed that even though I...

Ken_M by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Restoring Files/Folders from Tape Backup

Hi all So, I have a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder from our work server yesterday (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard), but we have a nightly backup to a tape drive, so I went onto the backup software (Symantec Backup Exec ...

DLO agent. How to disable option for deleted files

Hi   On the user end, in the DLO agent, we have a windows called Status. On the bottom of that window we have a small button called Details.... If an end user press that, he gets several option, among them one called Remove deleted files. If the user...

Can I backup just "C" drive with System Recovery 2010?

Hi,  We run Backup System Recovery 2010 and I currently backup all the drives on our Windows 2008 SBS domain controller. I think I could restore with just the Operating System Partition (C drive), i would like your opinions/advice to see if this is a...

Impossible to restore - Catalog task never end

Hello everybody, We use BE 10.0 and we face to a disaster. The last backup are OK but after reinstalling our server and BE 10, when we want to catalog the tape (the inventory task is OK), the task take 18:00 and more so we stop it and we don't see an...

Labels