Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

B2V Restore Issue

Hello Guys, I am having a problem trying to restore a Full backup set from  a VM with an agent onto an EXSI host. Below are the steps that I have done and I will also be including the screen shots of the job selection, backup options, and error me...

Vdang by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exclude individual VMDKs from a V-Ray 2014 backup

We are backing up virtual servers in ESX 5.5 Using Backup Exec 2014 V-Ray edition. Some of these servers have multiple VMDK drives associated with them. Some of the drives on the servers store archive data that does not require backing up at frequent...

T_2 by Level 2
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

BackupExec2010R3 can't restore virtual machine(Vmware)

Hi: We are using Symantec BackupExec 2010 R3 backup virtual machine(Vmware), We can successfully backup the vmware server. but can't restore it, I'm using Vmware redirection when restore the server, and input Vcenter and ESX server name, then click "...

After converting to VMWare MS SQL won't start

Hello, maybe someone can help me. After full backup of Windows 2008 R2 server (with MS SQL) we duplicated (I mean P2V convert) it to VMWare. But then we started converted server the MSSQL instances didn't start (we have two). In log file I have fo...

jonaszal by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Converting to Virtual Machine

Hi everyone, When i try to convert a backup to a virtual machine, i get this error, "Failed to create the standby virtual machine required for warm conversion", in some forums, they says "This can occur when the System Logon Account on the media serv...

hugonet88 by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing BE on Hyper-V

I was wondering if someone can point me to a good document on how to go about installing BE on a Microsoft 2008 R2 Hyper-V host. The host server has of course the Hyper-V host, as well as four other virtual machines (Exchange, Terminal Server, SQL, a...

sosinc3 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Network setings missing from vm restore

We are currently busy performing a live DR test of all our prod servers consisting of 2003 and 2008 Windows servers. The 2003 servers restore no problem. The restore job for the 2008 servers also finish successfully. However when starting up the 2008...

Ruska by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

Converting to VM - Failed to extract files from an iso image

Hi All, I am running Backup Exec 2012 on a physical server running 2008 R2 x64, backing up to local HDD Storage. Following a full backup of my servers I have another job which converts my server backups to VMs. My virtual host is ESXi v5 and I have t...

Resolved! Q and A

Dear community,   I have a few quetion about Back up Exec 2010, Is there anyone could help me, please? My Quetion is? Can I upgrade from Veritas 10d to Backup Exec 2010? anyway what's the deferent betwen Veritas and Backup Exec?How to backup virtua...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels