Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

BE11d - delays before backup starts.

I am using BE11d to store data from local server (BE11d is install there) and from another server (Exchange) connected through an network. The back-up was running OK for a long time and one day, without any apparent reason the back-up time have incre...

Top 20 Technotes: BEWS

Your question might already have an answer. Check these top 20 Technotes before you post. Else, try looking into the Knowledge Base.   How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library or Tape Drive in Backup Exec for Windows Servers."Corrupt data en...

Turls by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 8 kudos

Backup Exec 11d and Microsoft .net framework

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/295712.htm So we are seeing the issue on this document.  If you go into Add/Remove programs and attempt to remove Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 SP1, the system responds that it cannot do this as it will break ...

backup exec 12.5 can not verify one job stored on 2 tapes?

HI,All I do not know about backup exec very well.Please help me,I have created a scheduled job also checked verify after backup completes.It woks fine and verifying is successful when the job is done on one type.The thing is with server data more and...

Cleaning too often

I have a DAT72 tape drive and the cleaning light comes on after there or four days with only 2.5 hours per day of time on the drive for backups.  When i run the cleaning tape the light goes out but then is back on in three day.  That seems a little q...

slittle by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

backup exec 11d compression/ overwright problems

So I had a tape drive go bad. HP gladly replaced it. I installed it and updated the firmware and drivers. I then tried to run a backup. I moved the jobs to the new tape drive and made sure that the tapes were associated with the correct media set.   ...

dhall by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Fails

I am running "SYMANTEC BACKUP EXEC" 11d Version 11.0 Rev6235 on a 2003 Small Business Server. When the job runs it alwys give the following eroor message "ACESS IS DENIED" "ACCESS DENIED TO DATABASE" when it tries to backup |Microsoft Information Sto...

Need to have Two Backup Jobs On The Same Tape

We use a Quantum Superloader 3 with 15 tapes loaded for our backup library.  8 of the tapes are for one media set, the remaining 7 are in another set.  Also, we want to rotate tapes offsite for physical security. How can I reliably have two backup jo...

mconlon1 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exclusions from Backup

Can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to exclude "NTUSER.DAT", "ntuser.dat.log" and "usrclass.dat.log files from backups. If the system was to down and all data is lost are these files going to be recover from the shadow copy's?   Alot of my backup...

Can't upgrade SQL2000 SP4

I'm running Backup Exec 10d on a WIndows 2003 R2 Standard Server with SP2. I'm trying to upgrade the SQL2000 SP2 to SQL2000SP4 and I'm getting and error message, "SQL Server 2000 is not installed on this machine. Setup will now exit" The version of S...

Gunnar by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 12 EXTREME slow starting of differential job.

I am drawing a blank here.. I need to determine what has happened to my differencial backup job.  According to the job log for some reason the first entry in the selection list doesnt begin processing until 8 hours later.  Then each entry run very we...

allanon by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Store.exe crashs by starting Symantec Veritas Backup Exec

First, the system of the client. We have several customers with the same problem, but different systems - this is just an example of one of our clients. -------------------------------------------------- Windows 2003 Server Std. SP2 Intel Xeon CPU 3....

Inovatec by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vault question

Hi,   I'm a newbie to the whole "vault" process. I'm somewhat frustrated by the lack of any good documentation as to it's concepts and any implications.   Any-who...   It's my understanding that vaults are great for long term storage of...

Labels