Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Create an encryped backup on only a folder

How do you create an encrypted backup on only a folder of a directory thats already being backed up. Current full backups are not encrypted on these directories. I would like to keep those backups as they are but add an encrypted backup to a folder w...

G37 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec - Problemas com nomes das pastas

Pessoal, Estou com um problema em minha empresa, acontece que o backup exec tem apresentado erros por conta do tamanho do nome das pastas (número de caracteres), com isso, o software cancela o procedimento de backup a partir do momento do erro, o que...

Backup Exec 12.5 Server

My Backup Exec. 12.5 server is querying Symantec every five minutes.  How can I adjust this to every 30 minutes?

s309618 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec with DPM in same tape library

Hi every one, I have a case and want to share it with all of you to can get any idea to solve it, I need to install and work with two backup software for some times for some complicated company roles , and we already have backup exec software tested ...

mhosni22 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Errors setting up BE2010 with GRT for Exchange 2010

Hi. I am having some trouble understanding how to set up GRT for Exchange 2010. So far I read and re-read the BE Admin guide and I seem to be stuck at the point of adding the DC or DAG Group server name. To be clear, with only one Exchange 2010 serve...

Problem mit De-/Installation von BE12.0

Hallo! Habe folgendes Problem mit BackupExec 12.0 Server lief seit ca. 2 1/2 Jahren ohne Probleme. Ist ein HP DL100G2 mit Windows Storage Server 2003. Als ich am Freitag zu Testzwecken eine Wiederherstellungsjob starten wollte, erschien beim Öff...

Resolved! BE 2010 R2 and Exchange 2010

Hi folks. I had recently rebuilt our back up server and moved the OS to Server 2008R2. I have a tape library attached (TS3100) and a 1.6 TB disk array for backing up Exchange 2010 to disk and then to tape. I also have the Exchange plug-in and it seem...

Resolved! Move the sql database

Is there an easy way to move the sql database for BU Exec 12 without destroying it.  I need to free up some space on my C: drive and this looks like a prime candidate. Ted

Resolved! Disaster Recovery for Laptops and Desktops

I have used BE for file level protection for years but not for Desktop and Laptop protection and recovery.  Are there any straight forward articles that discuss the concept of total laptop and desktop protection in the event of a catastrophic disaste...

RayLab by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having an issue with incremental backup on 10d

I know I'm using an older version, but I'm sure I'm just not setting something up right. I wand to get incremental backups of 36gb worth of data onto a second internal set of hard drives.  Then a Week end full backup, and a month end full backup.  I ...

DaddyW123 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 12.5 Re-install question

Hello, I have a windows box running 2003 server and has Microsoft Exchange 2003 installed on it. This is also my domain controller.  I have BE 12.5 agent for both Windows server backup and also an agent for Exchange 2003 backup installed on it. Soon,...

Backuping Full / Differential Enterprise Vault

Hello to all, I'm learning about backuping of Enterprise Vault (8 or higger) by Backup Exec (12,5 or higger), and I'm experiencing some issues. I've readed the BE documentation and it says that a full backup will do a full backup of all SQL Databases...

AG81 by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Export configuration

Hi folks. I am in the process of planning a migration to BE 2010R3 and would like to know if it is possible to export the current configuration I have in 11D; jobs and selections, device information, etc. I apologize if this has been asked and answer...

Agent Update: Error connecting to the remote registry of Server

I have a problem with the Agent Update of Backup Exec from 2010 R2 to R3. During the update of the agents (including the installation of agents), I noticed the following: I logged on the Backup Exec media server with my personal account that is no m...

St3phan by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupJobs direkt nacheinander ablaufen lassen?

Hallo! Ich versuche folgendes zu realisieren: Auf einem Windows Remote Rechner (Server 2003R2) liegen 4 Verzeichniss welche ich gerne sichern möchte. Von diesen Verzeichnissen soll 1 x im Monat eine Vollsicherung gemacht werden und 1 x in der W...

Resolved! Job Zusammenfassung als PDF per Mail versenden

Hallo, ich habe nun schon viele Forenbeiträge gelesen und auch im Adminhandbuch nachgesehen, allerdings wurde in keinem eine Lösung genannt, wie man eine tägliche Zusammenfassung (dailyjobs_en.rdl) als PDF per Mail versenden kann.   Das Format unter ...

St3phan by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup to USB drives.

Hi, I thought I had seem some articles about how to backup to USB attached drives.  I can't seem to locate them, so could someone point me in the right direction?  I have 4 1TB USB attached drives.  One of them gets attached to the server every Tuesd...

Wayne_P by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate and replace Backup Exec 2010 Server

There are several different methods that I have come across for migration of a Backup Exec 2010 Media Server. Current Configuration: Windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 Service Pack 2 X86 Backup Exec 2010 R2 with Exchange Archive Option and IDR New Desi...

Labels