Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Linux GRT

Is there a way to granularly backup/restore a Linux Ubuntu VM (restore individual file) with backup exec 15?  

Error: V-79-57344-65233

Hello, i have a Problem with BackUp Exec 15 at a customer. Errorcode:  V-79-57344-65233 We have 2 Servers that are Backup. The remote Server is runnung well.   The local server runs well for two days, then the error occurs. After the BackUp ...

SKSGmbH by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 15, new cleaning tape not recognized

I recently had the problem of replacing the Cleaning Tape and having all scheduled cleaning jobs fail because Backup Exec 15 did NOT recognize the new tape. It would only recognize the old tape and kept applying this to the new tape.  This is a glit...

Resolved! Backup Exec

Hello guys,  i have some questions We are plan to our backup exec 2010 upgrade to 2015 with High Availabilty. We prepare new server with differet IP and NAME.The new server should be in HA.and we need to migratev to new server. So i need know how...

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Show encrypted backups

I am running Backup Exec 15. Where can I proof, if my tapes were encrypted indeed? Is there a way to set up a report? Or where can I see that?

Resolved! datemodified of file cataloged in fh

I have used cattool.exe to convert an fh file into xml format. The xml file contains a lot of xml nodes, one of them looks like follows: <ET ... MT=1412164908" CT=1412164908" AT=1412164908" SZ="4065" FP="WSS_Content\/\MyDocuments\myfile.docx" OST="0...

Resolved! SDLT Tape: Media Catalog failed Final error: 0xe0000900

Hello, I´m using Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2008R2. I have got two SDLT Tape Drives which are conncetd via SCSI to the server.  I used the following configuration/solution https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH44676, but it do...

Backup running, need to add blank tape to library

I run into this issue all the time: I'm in the middle of a backup and every tape in our library is full. I get the  "Use the import command to insert overwritable media that supports hardware encryption into the robotic library. Overwritable media ...

Resolved! execute a procedure or script after backup job is done

Hi. I'm new to Backup exec, and I want to execute a procedure or script after backup job is done. I have a solution in mind, which is to trigger this procedure or script via SQL, when inserts occure in BEDB.JobHistorySummary table. I was wondering i...

Backup Exec 14.2 FP2 - Cloud connector to S3 Issues/info

Hi all,   I have configured Backup to Amazon S3 using the cloud connector. I did a test backup of 48GB (a VM). The upload of data was free but i have been charged  for transfer out. Isn't the backup just uploading data, why is there a download of 4...

rio_10 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice form backing up Backup Exec 15 Server

HI, We are newly running a Backup Exec 15 Server on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server. We are backing up the Backup Exec Server with all its components onto Tape (Encrypted). What is the best practice to ensure I can restore the Backup Exec Server in ...

Resolved! Backup Exec to SQL Server

I need to access the directory and file listing of my tapes, which are being backed up via Backup Exec, and send this data automatically to MS SQL, maybe a batch file or powershell script. What I really need to know is files/directories/tape Thank ...

Backup Exec Server Specs

Hi, What is the minimum processor for Backup Exec 2015? Will 8-core do? How about for disk storage, what is the minimum capacity requirement same for tape? Thanks in advance!

nbuengr by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Setting Append and OPP period to utilize tapes in partition

Dear All, In my autoloader library I have defined a partition for weekly full backup and there are two slots in it. I am looking suitable way to define append and OPP period in order to use two tapes effectively, like Tape1 in first week end, Tape2 ...

Wajeeh by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec job design duplicate jobs

Hi everyone, In the last 10 years I used different Backup Exec Version up to BE 2010 R3. Now I am in a new Backup Project with Backup Exec 15 and I'm a bit shocked about the changes of the version form 2010R3 to 15... What I need to do is simple: ...

Backup Exec 2014: disaster recovery scanario

Hi All, I'm finding a way to to be sure to be able to restore backups in a disaster recovery scenario. This is my configuration: 1) CASO SERVER with deduplication storage (located in the main office) 2) MEDIA SERVER with deduplication storage (lo...

Resolved! what will does the Backup Exec do as I insert magazine ?

Hi All: I use Backup Exec 15 on Windows 2012 R2. Library : IBM TS3100 when I want to change a lot of tape which in the Tape library. I would take out the magazine instead of I/O station. After I done. Do I need to do anything manually or what w...

Labels