Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! IMG folders in C:\programfiles\Symantec\Data

Dear Experts, I am facing problem of multiple 'IMG' folders created under C:\programfiles\Symantec\Data\(virtual machine) there are two virtual machines for which IMG folders are getting created daily and no deletions, as a result C:\ drive is now ...

Wajeeh by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup Exec 15 refreshing Virtual Machines

Hello everyone, I'm currently running Backup Exec 2015 and I'm backing up 43 VM's, devided over 1 vCenter and 3 ESXi hosts. I'm connecting to the vCenter server in order to get full VM backups - which is the preferred method for this company.  The ...

Resolved! How to Inventory and Catalog many tapes

Hi Community, I am facing issue with BE 2012 on Windows Server 2008 STD R2, using Tape Library Fujitsu. I have 20 tapes, devide to 4 genration for 4 weeks per month, each generation has 5 tapes. Each generation, tape 1, 2, 3 will use for Incredent...

nghitd by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 15 backing up full vhdx, even though it's not full.

Hello! I have recently installed Backup Exec 15 and started to backup all my servers. They are all virtual machines running on Hyper-V. I noticed that the byte count on some backup jobs show that the whole virtual disk is backed up, even though the ...

Backup Exec Private Cloud

Hello    We are looking for Symantec Backup Exec private cloud for our customers, I have been reading though the Backup Exec 2014 Technical White Paper Private Cloud Services & Planning and Deployment Guide.  My question is, does it mandatory to us...

Ragesh_C by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE on W2008R2 move to W2012R2

Hi All: I want to install a new Windows Server W2012R2. and move my BE(2014) environment to. BE now is on W2008R2.   Dose any one know how to do that ? 

Tape Library not auto cleaning

I'm running on Backup Exec 2010 R3 and I have designated a slot as a cleaning slot and the tape only had 2 (of the 20 recommended) cleanings on it used and the drive requested a cleaning and nothing happened.  I had to go to the tape drive and manual...

Brian_Z by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unknown ICON appeared after tape was stuck - Backup Exec 2014

Hi, I have a library with 4 LTO5 tapes running on a TS 3310 Library. The jobs were configured to be NDMP backups about a month ago. For some reason, backup jobs and restore jobs started hanging 3 days ago. By hanging, I mean the job status gets stuc...

pxtian by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2012 taking to much time taking a backup /Slow

hi,         I have a BE 2012 installed on a windows server 2008 R2 standard .  seems to be the backup is taking to much time. compared to my other site offices.  some info  on my current setup         BE2012 on windows server 2008 R2 standard Sp...

Powershell script in order to eject tapes automatically

Hello, I am working on a Powershell script that ejects the tapes used  by BE for backup jobs. I have looked into the "Backup Exec Management Command Line Interface" yet I can't find any way to link a job to a tape. I have the possibility to li...

itDPTech by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Label for IBM Tape Media

Good day, Can anyone help me to explain numerics on label for IBM tape media ? As I known, numerics in green color square is odrinal number, what is numerics in red color square ? I appreciate your help. Thank you so much.  

bvn63 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! B2D2T with Autoloader Tape

Hello Guys, I want do backup job to disk and duplicate to tape : - Backup Exec : 2014 - Disk Storage : Local Disk - Tape Auto Loader  : IBM TS 2900 - Cartridge : 5 - Server : 2 File Server, 6 SQL Server - Disk Backup     * Full Backup    : Sa...

Gustri by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Manual conversion of jobs from 2010 to 2014?

Hello!  I'm brand new at the organization.  One of the first jobs they've set for me is to create a Backup Exec 2014 server and convert all the jobs manually from the old 2010 server, with the idea that I'll be performing a basic audit as I do this t...

llichte by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with pdi#_strm.bin files filling up drive

We have a Windows Server 2008R2 running BE 15. The backups themselves are copied into a folder on the QuikStor drive (media is rotated out each morning) called Veritas. However, we have a myriad of IMG0000## folders that contain several pdi##_strm.bi...

Labels