Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

How to delete over writable media

Hi All, I have nearly 1TB of overwritable media (daily meida); delete option is grayed out for this and I am unable to delete this. Could some one explain please how to delete these sets. I have also tick the box from Tools - > Media management ->non...

Nysoh by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to backup Oracle database with BE 2010?

Hi Guys, I need some advise from you here regarding BE2010 and the backup of oracle. I've already deployed the oracle agent to my oracle server and now I need to ensure that I can do a proper back up,hence a restore. Can you please advise the best pr...

Sailaish by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User notification for DLO backups

Can anyone tell me if there is a way within DLO to notify the user that their backup was successful, failed or they missed it without the user having to actually open up the client? Maybe by email?   Thanks!

Robtest equivalent in BackupExec?

I have an admittedly old version of BackupExec I need to support (10d) without upgrading.  I need to perform actions in BackupExec similar to those performed in NetBackup using Robtest.  I need the ability to move tapes from slots to drives in a robo...

How to assign media to a slot?

I have a backup appliance that emulates a tape drive and i deleted two tapes from its inventory and moved the two media's to scratch media but i want to erase them. I see no way to do this as i can just Catalog, Restore, Associate with Media Set, Mov...

Exchange 2010 and Backup Exec

Just implemeted Exchange 2010 and just found out that BUEX 12.5 wont support it...joy. I also have 12.5 on a Windows 2003 Server. So I have to upgrade to 2008 and then upgrade to BUEX2010. Two questions though. 1. Instead of upgrading from W2K3 to W2...

WAN / Dedupe Question

We support a company that has two sites with one being the primary and one the secondary. They have a T1 connection between the sites and on Friday's we start a backup across the T1 that is about 40GB and takes 70 hours. The rest of the week we perfo...

Restore data with backup exec 9.1 URGENT

my server crashed. i do nitely backups to an external hard drive with backup exec 9.1 for windows. i connected th external hard drive to another computer and instlled my backup exec software. but how to i get the software to recognize for restore? wh...

ac031601 by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Overwrite/Append Help

So I need some help understanding the Overwrite/Append features. I understand the concept but for some reason I cannot get it to work the way I'd like it to. Let me explain my strategy first (and please offer any suggestions) I have seperate Media...

jake213 by Level 3
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to unlock external media (Dell Powervault TL2000)

I am using Symatec Backup Exec 12.5. I am also using a Dell Powervault TL2000. I am unable to run an Inventory, a cleaning job, or lock or unlock the robotics library. All jobs just stay as queued for hours untill I cancel the job. Then I have to reb...

Resolved! Job told to backup to Tape but its backing up to Disk instead

Hey guys,   I have a couple questions but first let me know explain. I have setup jobs for each server by day. Mon - Thurs has a seperate job for each server. I have set up each different job to go to a seperate tape. So I know Monday's job went to M...

jake213 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec 2010 R2 job failed - vss writer failed

Hi , MS Exchange server is a virtual machine  on hyper-v server 2008 R2. Backup exec running on windows server 2008 R2. Selected the MS Exchange server and selected the entire Information Store box when making selections. Backup job failed last nigh...

ThaveshinP by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Icon Legend?

Does anybody know of a Legend with what Icons indicate? I'm looking at my media and my tapes all have "red squiggly lines" for lack of a better term I have attached a pic. Thanks! Jake

jake213 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! MOSS2010 DB skipped during SQL backup

Hi All,   We have recently installed backup exec r3 on sharepoint 2010 backend server. SQL instances are different for backup exec and sharepoint. When we try to backup SharePoint2010 DB, few of MOSS dbs were backed up and rest were skipped,  it comp...

V4 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate from BE 12.5 to BE 2010

Be 12.5 (with latest live updates) W2003 Ent x32 200+ Jobs, 300+ tapes in a tape library, + offsite Hardware very, very old (now on its last legs , and will not last much longer)   Be 2010 R3 with latest live updates W2003 Ent x64   We need to move o...

Set Media for Backup

hi, I am using BE 12.0. i want to take a full backup on weekly basis i.e on every saturday& incremental backup on daily basis ie. Mon- Friday. Also want to take a monthly backup on every 30th or 31st as a full backup. cany anyone suggest me how can i...

Shivkumar by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Q and A

Dear community,   I have a few quetion about Back up Exec 2010, Is there anyone could help me, please? My Quetion is? Can I upgrade from Veritas 10d to Backup Exec 2010? anyway what's the deferent betwen Veritas and Backup Exec?How to backup virtua...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Moving from BE12 on 2003 to BE2010R2 on 2008r2

Hi,   Here's the scenario: Currently we have: BE 12 media server on a Windows server 2003 SP2 OS. We want to rebuild this server with: Windows server 2008 R2 x64 and install: BE 2010 R2 But: Keep the current job config, media set config, etc.... Can ...

Resolved! SBS2011 - SQL installation and Symantec BUE for SBS

With SBS 2011 Prem add on Microsoft grant to install SQL in the 2nd server . How this can 2nd server can be Backed up by BUE for SBS ? Is there is any configuration required ? if Anyone have done this please let us know . Can have Symantec document o...

AimMujib by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels