Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

A number of our esxi 5.0 virtual machines have started checking up the error message: V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images: When performing incremental backups, full backups have been fine. I've run backups without Adva...

Backup Exec for Enterprise Vault

Hello All, I had problem in Backing Up Enterprise Vault 9.0.2 by using BE 2012. The full backup was succeed including all of Vault Stores but the attribute didn't clear. Could you please give me a closution for that ?   Thanks Banu

arbanu by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup system fail since conversion to 2012

We upgraded Backup Exec 2010 R3 to 2012 last week and after recreating every backup job for every server, I've been having issues with the backup of the System State on the server with Backup Exec installed on. Everynight I get an error that COM+ REG...

oracle database credential test fails

Hi. I have BE 2012 on windows server, and RALUS installed on oracle linux 5 with Oracle 11g2. All credentials tests suceeded except on oracle database credential fails. root credential on linux server             ==> test succeed oracle credential ...

5ms by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CPS "Indexing is falling behind"

We have a continues backup running but it keeps on having alert warning messages that say “Indexing is falling behind”. What does that mean and how can I fix it? Thank you for your help.

BE2012 beremote.exe crashes on VMWare backups

Hello,   We are running BE2012 Sp1 with hotfixes 189571, 180964 and 194470. When trying to make a backup of our VM's through the VMWare option, beremote.exe crashes (most of the time). The following error is in the eventlog: Faulting application nam...

Resolved! Associate Media to media set is greyed out

Hello All I am using RDX 320gig Media, backing up is ok, however I cannot allocate media to My created media set, as the option along with a few other options like scratch and retire are greyed out. So when I right click my media, all i see is creeat...

Resolved! What is in the BFK files

Hello everyone, We use backup Exec 2010 for backingup from 4 servers. Last night an differential job, using modified time ran. When I checked the status of the backup this morning, I came to the conclusion that the size of the created bkf file whas 5...

Roy_T by Level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! install a mac agent

Hi all, we are running on BE 2010 13.0 and Im trying to install RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-4164.5.tar.gz on a mac 10.7.5 but unfortunately it is failing. that is what Im doing on mac: tar xzf RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-4164.5.tar.gz ./installlralus Not supportred. Anyo...

mghomer by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Installing BE Agent Not Working

Dear All,    I am running backup exec 2012 in a win2k8 64bit server. when I wanted to install a remote agent for one of my Win2K3 R2 32bit server, the add a server screen stops at "Installing the Symantec Backup Exec Agent for Windows" screen.  I tri...

Restore

Hi Team,     We are using BE 11d. 6 months before we taken the backup in tape drive. Now we are trying to rstore the files it's not showing the data. I checked in the backup log that drive is successfully backed up. How to i restore the data from the...

Resolved! Restoring Files/Folders from Tape Backup

Hi all So, I have a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder from our work server yesterday (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard), but we have a nightly backup to a tape drive, so I went onto the backup software (Symantec Backup Exec ...

Resolved! unable to connect to the service in Backup Exec 2012

Hi all, I have problems about the logon account in Backup Exec 2012.   My scenario: One AD Domanin Controller "Test.com", one Backup Server "BKServer" I create a AD account "operator" and add this to Backup Operator Group. I also add Backup Operator ...

Felix_K by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Kein Bandwechsel

Hallo, ich habe ein Problem beim sichern meiner Daten. Es kommt sehr oft vor, dass Backup Exec ein Band voll schreibt, aber dann nicht das nächste leere Band verwendet. Dies passiert bei gelöschten und bei komplett neuen Bändern. Das Bandlaufwerk is...

ITI by Level 3
Partner
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup MaxDB - Backup Exec 2012

Hallo zusammen Ist es möglich, eine MaxDB Datenbank (DB und Log) mit Backup Exec 2012 zu sichern (online Backup)? Falls das möglich ist, muss ein zusätzlicher Agent lizenziert werden, oder funktioniert das über die Backint Schnittstelle? Gibt es daz...

tomax by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup to device

Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred. Final error category: System Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34036 Storage device "device" reported an error on a request to write data to me...

Resolved! Mount error. it's only on one SQL server the others work fine

I get the mount error (it's attached) here on one of my SQL servers. The other one runs fine. They both save to the same location as well. This just started last nite. There is nothing I can find in my error logs yet as there isn't any information ot...

Gossett by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Server Agent out of date

I started seeing LiveUpdate Information About the agent for windows on at least one server does not have the most recent updates? To Install the most recent updates, on the Backup and restore tab, right click the remote computer that is out of dat...

Linas by Level 6
  • 18 replies
  • 5 kudos
Labels