Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Tape Ejecting even after asked not to BE 12.5 for SBS

HI all, I have a had a look through the ofrums and found anopther report similar to this where the recommendation was to use tracer.exe which I have, need some help interpretting it and taking the next steps to actually resolving the issue! Some fa...

BackUp Exec Error E0000F16

May BackUP Exec Version 12 is getting the following errors while trying to execute a backup. V-79-57344-33035 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media V-79-57344-33035 - Error - Mount failed. Physical Volume Library Drive not fou...

BE 12 and SBS 2003

I am having a problem on an Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 server that has BE for Windows Servers12.0.1364 installed.  The backup of two servers have been going well for a while now.  However, the BE services are misteriously stopping every few day...

Resolved! Very slow backups

Hi everyone, first post here. We've been using Backup Exec 12.5 for windows servers for 4-5 months now with no problems until quite recently. We backup our important data on a nightly basis using backup exec and a single slot quantum tape drive, wi...

BUE 12.5, B2D disk shelves missing

Long story short,  I reinstalled Backup Exec 12.5 on a Dell DL2000 (Windows 2008 x64 appliance) and now the disk shelves don't show up in Backup Exec. The shelves are working fine from the OS perspective, I can assign them drive letters, mount the...

Resolved! Exchange not working after Backup is done

Hello All, I have a very weird problem and I need your help urgently. My client is running Symantec Backup Exec 10 d on Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP2.  When the backup software runs is stops exchange to do the backup and when the backup is...

Rohann by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

12.0 with SP4 - bemcmd and beserver crashing

We have a server that is running Backup Exec 12.0 with SP4 applied.  We run bemcmd from several vbscripts in order to get data about jobs to provide to another application.  After bemcmd runs a few hundred times, it will crash.  Any try to run it ag...

backup failing due to beremote stopping

Our backups are failing every night due to beremote.exe failing on one of our servers.  I've searched these forums extensively as well as Google.  It appears that lots of people have had this problem, but there is no definitive answer.  We need to ge...

Backup Exec and VMWare agent

Hello all. I have Backup Exex with VMWare agent. I ran into a problem with repairing the virtual machine from the backup. First I made a backup of virtual machines. Everything went perfectly. Then I want to restore a virtual machine on another esx se...

Backup gets queued when I put in the second tape

i haven't been able to resolve this problem and it looks like have to resort to a forum. let me start  with a run down of the configs, the problem at short, and then a detailed description of the problem... using backup exec 12 using windows standar...

LiveState hangs at 5%

On a machine running WinXP Pro sp3,  LiveState Recovery Desktop 3.03 had been running just fine.  Now when it tries to run the scheduled backup it hangs at 5% and never finishes.  No errors are put in the log or events history.  I tried uninstalling...

T_W by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup fails on one SQL instance

We're using Backup Exec 10d SP4, backing up 8 servers (including the server with BEX installed on it). A remote server, which does have a BEX agent, has 3 SQL instances on it using different logon credentials. Instances "CP" and "PM" are fine with th...

Labels