Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Error V-225-212 when trying to install BE12 on a WS08 RODC

Hi, I'm trying to setup a test environment for a coming WS08 rollout. I have two machines, both running WS08 Standard. One is called LYS-SQLE-01 which runs SQL Server Express Edition, another is called LYS-RODC-01 which is a WS08 RODC and should be...

Resolved! Running BExec 10 alongside BExec 12

Hi, In the process of transitioning to MSX07, part of this obviously requires 64 bit BExec 12, to save faffing about in the short term i'd like to install BExec 12 alongside our existing 10 installation and utilise all the same devices Is this poss d...

Resource Error appearing after upgrade to v12

I was previously running BackupExec 10d and recently upgraded to v12.  After upgrading to v12, all of my backups fail with the following error:  e0000353 - The path for this database is invalid because it contains extra backslash characters.  You mus...

Issue with BELAT when attempting to upgrade Backup Exec

I recently took over the system administration duties of an organization, and the current installation of backup exec is 10d. I am attempting to upgrade to 12, but I have no records of options and agents deployed in the current install. As I try to r...

aveach by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading from 9.1

HiWe are on 9.1 with Open file, SQL, Exchange and Disaster recovery agents. We have a sbs 2003 (win 2003 server + exchange 2003) and 4 more win 2003 servers (one with sql server) in the network that all need backing up.My questions are;1. Do we need ...

John01 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Services fail to start after installing the SSO

OK I've found alot of articles and gone through them all to no avail. The situtation is this, we have about 40 servers currently arrached to a CAS server and adding more every week. The CAS server also has the SSO Primary database and the Library Exp...

Install error when installing Ghost suite 2.5

We currently have Ghost Suite 2.0 and wanted to upgrade to Ghost suite 2.5. We tried to install 2.5. and we received the following error "Cannot find language resource file (dblgen9.dll)." We tried to uninstall 2.0 and we get the same error. We are s...

bwoolley by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

no "media set" available

Hi All, we have a backup system based on Veritas Backup Exec ver. 9.1 currently installed on windows 2003 server SP1.I've accidentally deleted a well-configured backup job and now I'm trying to recreate a newest one with "media set" and "selection li...

Backup exec 12 backup to HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader failing

about 12 months ago we installed a HP 1/8 G2 autoloader onto one of our servers and for 11 months was backing up perfectly. About 1 month ago it started failing with a hardware error but no codes, we got the tape drive replaced in the unit but this d...

Rocomm by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Live Update questions

Hello at all! I just performed an Update of my Server via Live Update. SP1 and some hotfixes were installed. As described in the update document von SP1, the Agents have to be updated. And here are my questions regarding that: Live Update (LU) instal...

Remote agent for Windows services stopped

Can anyone advise if this issue recognised document ID 289877 is fixed in v12?I would like to encrypt my backups.  Many thanksWorz Message Edited by Worzel on 07-08-2008 05:00 AM

Worzel by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 12 and VCB

Hi, I am about to upgrade to 12 from 11d and was wondering if there was anyone out there using VCB? We are about to go virtual in 6 weeks and dont know much about the said product??? I have heard its a bit messy for restoring and you need to do scrip...

How to uninstall Backup Exec V.12 evaluation copy?

I installed BE V.12 evaluation copy and now the trial period was expired.  How can I uninstall it?I uninstalled it from Add/Remove program icon but nothing happended.  No log entry in Event viewer as well. Any suggestion? Thanks.

TOT2008 by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to update BE 12 remote agents after Live Update?

Hi, Usually we upgrade remote agents after hotfixes have been installed which demands upgrading remote agent. Our BE 12 media server is updated with Live update per today. This gives us remote agent version 12.0.1364.122 The servers we´d like to upgr...

CreateDirectory() failed with error 5: Access is denied.

I received this error when trying to install Backup Exec 12 on a new Server 2008 system: "CreateDirectory() failed with error 5: Access is denied. Terminating setup." I did have a failed Symantec Antivirus install on this server before I tried to ins...

Byron by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE12 - After backup sever installation, the service cannot run.

Is a new installation of BE12 on W2k3 standard edition R2.The installation finish OK (apparently).The installation install a local SQL server.After installation the BE services not start. The error in event viewer is: Tipo de suceso: ErrorOrigen del ...

Alex_N_ by Not applicable
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels