Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

backup to disk lack of speed issues

How best is it to setup the backup to disk jobs so you are getting the best possible speeds during backup. I have windows 2003 Enterprise Sp2 installed on local backup exec 12 media server.This is on 2 raid 5 partitions. currently my backups run betw...

moali by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Environment Checks

Trying to install Backup Exec 12 on Small Business Server 2003 R2 and Environment Checks hangs about 2/3 way through, won't budge, have to cancel. Ran once ok, then tried to install and install hung during Environment Checks, had to reboot. Now hangs...

Remote Agent Service on Backup Exec server stops

Yesterday I upgraded from 10d to 12.  When running any job trying to backup the local machine (backup exec server), the remote agent service on the backup exec server stops.  Exchange 2003 is running on this server as well.  I also get the following:...

Davecol by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whats is all mean and how's it all go together

HiSo, I've bough hte licences, downloaded the software, read the guides... now could somebody please point me in the right direction?!What iv got:1 x Windows 2003 server with MS Exchange 20031 x Windows 2003 server with SQL and is the main file-share...

Resolved! Agents v11 and v12

I have not had an opportunity to download v12 of BEWS so please excuse me if this question has already been answered or is in the included documentation with the v12 downloads.My BE is very simple - I have a single media server running v11d on a Wind...

Remote Agent for Linux install issues

I'm using RALUSCD-1364.9.SPO to obtain the remote agent for Linux.  The perl binary is zero bytes which makes the installralus/instalalralus.pl fail silently.  I attempted to use linux system perl, RHEL 5 with the following results.Can't load '/root/...

dls by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Agent

Is there a different Remote Agent for Exchange, SQL and the rest of the servers? I thought there was only one Remote Agent for all of BE.ThanksFred

Backup Exec V12 TCP/IP Port 3527 Conflict

I have downloaded and attempted to install the Symantec Backup Exec v12 Evaluation Edition for Windows Server, with an intended server destination of Windows-2000 Small Business Server. The environment check identified a port conflict between the def...

Jennica by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I upgrade from 10 to 11d to 12?

In order to retain jobs, catalogues, and preferences, can I upgrade from BU Exec 10 to 11d—USING ONLY AN EVAL COPY—then upgrade from 11d to 12 and apply newly purchased licenses?Thanks,Bill

BackupExec v12 significantly slowe ?

I just recently installed BackupExec v12 on a Windows 2003 Server.  It is running backups at about 350Mb/sec.  On an identically configured server (i.e. Same Quantum Certance HHLTO2 Drive, Adaptec 29160 Controller) version 11d runs at about 1100Mb/se...

Live Update Administrator 2.1 and BackupExec

After going over to Enpoint Protection, I was eager to get the new "enhanced" version of Live Update Administrator only find that it doesn't grab updates for Backup Exec products.    I have already downloaded Symantec Products listing and still no Ba...

EVClient_en.msi Does not install

I am trying to get a users vault options up and going on Windos XP usingOutlook2003 .We installed the Evclient_en.msi file wich works all fine we run the install, no problems there once it completes click finish and goto the vault option in tools and...

BE 10d CPS with new OS

I have BE 10D CPS installed in a Win 2003 Standard that runs backup for couple servers. I'd like to upgrade to Win 2003 Enterprise R2 in the same machine with clean install.Can I keep the CPS database/backup files, so when I reinstall the CPS with th...

Chris_L by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server rebooting when backup runs.

We upgraded to Backup Exec 12 Prem Ed on 2003 SBS.  Everytime a backup begins, the server abruptly reboots.  The server is rebooting because something is killing the RPC service.  The Backup Exec error we received is: Error : e0008821 - Job was recov...

SteveRo by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Problem from Version 11d to 12 (Catalogue error)

Hy there,I upgraded from version 11d to 12 this week (Tuesday). Every thing went great exepct the following error I am now having on catalogues.Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL S...

Installation problem on SBS 2003r2 Premium

BEWS 12 will not install on my SBS 2003r2 Premium. This is a completely fresh install of everything. No data files have been loaded on to the system yet. Installed Server2003, SBS, Premium services-SQL 2005 only, R2 technoligies, Microsoft Updates. I...

Have the Ralus Agent been updated?

Hi, we are about to update our 11d to 12. Should we install the Ralus agents that come with 12 or are we good to go with the previous ones ? 

Falcor by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading from 10d to 12 *just* for Solaris 10 Support...

I am currently running BE 10d on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (32-bit) box. Jobs are run on about 25-30 different servers daily and weekly. All servers are production systems; i.e. these backups are very important ;) Moreover, all servers are Wi...

Create New Media Set

Hi All, I have installed BE12 and i have setup a GFS policy.I have also setup Daily, Weekly, Monthly Media Sets. How do i allocate media to each of these ?, i can drag and drop media into each one, but i would like one big pool where i could put the ...

Labels