Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 12 on Exchange Server

We are looking to hook up a tape drive directly to our Exchange server and install Backup Exec 12 on the Exchange server itself. Can anyone provide any do's/don'ts with this type of installation? Thank you in advance for any advice/comments.

TouroIT by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to BE12, BE12CPS, and SEP. Yeash! I could use advice!

Where to start?OK, I have a big task ahead, and minimal knowledge on how to accomplish it.  I could use a little advice from those of you that know this stuff far better than I.First let me fill you in to my current platform.I run a complete Windows ...

Madman by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

After upgrade from 11d to 12, backup jobs hang constantly

I upgraded from Backup Exec 11d to 12.  Ever since, one of my back up jobs hangs everytime.  Different servers, not always the same one, but always while backing up the system state.  I have reinstalled the new clients again, and totally recreated th...

Cut-and-paste errors in the documentation

In reading the document "Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers - Administrator's Guide", I saw  a few items that weren't updated from the original v11d document. Besides updating it from the name "bent11.book",  someone should at least do a sea...

Nokia N72 not getting switched on !!

Hi, Today morning I got a reminder from Symantec to update the software in my phone. I did update it and it asked me to switch off and switch on my phone. As i did the same but my phone is not getting switched on that is its not entering into the mai...

Services stuck on "starting"

Hi All,I have a client that is moving from 9.1 to 12.9.1 was fully uninstalled before installing 12.After install, the Remote Agent and Backup Exec Server services always hang on "starting". This prevents BE12 from launching and ALSO from uninstallin...

Endpoint protection manager issue

I am running into an issue with Endpoint Protection and Backup Exec.  The server that I am trying to install Backup Exec on only has the Endpoint Client on it, not the Manager.  I have already tried to add the remote management console to see if that...

dustind33 by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push install of agent doesn't enable publishing

When I push out agents from the BE 12 console to remote machines I select the option to enable publishing and enter the name of the backup server to publish to.However when I then go to the server I've just pushed the agent to and open the Remote Age...

Will Version 12 run on Vista

Will version 12 run on Vista with media server?  In other words can i install Backup Exec 12 on a vista machine stand alone and back up to tape?  I used to do this with 11d on XP, but when i upgraded to vista i lost this capability. Thanks

Upgrade from 10d to 12 & CPS question??

Is it possible to upgrade from V10d to V12 or do you first have to install V11d? Also we're still confused regarding the Continues Protection Server product.I am currently downloading BE 12 for Windows Servers @ 487MB.Also on the list available for d...

BEWS v11d - v12 Installation Best Practices

Greetings,I received my upgrade notification today and am downloading the latest version, v12, as I type this. I looked around and couldn't find any installation best practices guides or documentation for a BEWS 11d - 12 upgrade.  Could someone pleas...

instalation

Is it possible to do a clean install of ver 12 with mayby a possible insert of a 11 disk?

Problem viewing resources Windows Server 2008, Backup Exec 12D

Hi, I've hit a hundred brick walls on this one.We open Backup Exec 12 on the Server 2008 machine.Click on Create a new backup job.No resources come up. It has the error: connection with server failed Hit f5 to retry. I have searched heaps for other p...

Skramjet by Not applicable
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels