Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Overwrite Disk

I'm runnig Backup Exec 12.5 for small business server 2008. Im using BE Backup-to-Disk. I'd like to configure my backup job to overwrite the disk every night. I can't seem to do this. I've set up a media pool to not overwrite. The job continu...

Resolved! Restoring data from previous version of Backup Exec

Good day all, I am running backup exec version 12.5. I had few tapes that have data from backup exec version 10d. I had to restore data from these tapes. I imported those tapes and inventory them. After inventoring I moved those tapes from backup exe...

AhMeR by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cant read backup sets after Server BE 10 reinstall

All, I had a server harddrive issue on my windows box running BackUp Exec 10. I rebuilt the server with new hard drive and reinstalled backup exec 10. I run a quantum tape library with bar codes.   How do I bring the old tapes into the new media ser...

mgp66 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Find Catalog Files for Backup Exec

Hi All, I am a newbie at Backup Exec, so please pardon me if some of my questions sound too trivial. I am performing a "Inventory" followed by a "Catalog" on one of our SATA Hard Drives. I can finish both the operations successfully, but cannot fin...

Backup Exec 12.5 hangs the server

Our Backup Exec job for backing up Exchange 2003 on the Windows 2003 SBS server starts at  1:00am. At least once a week about 5 minutes after the backup starts we get the following event in our logs and the server hangs. Event ID 2102  Category Topol...

Resolved! BE 12.5 - Some Simple Quesion about Media Sets and Tapes

Hello, I have some simple questions. I started to work recently with BE I use BE 12.5 SP3. Can you help? Question 1 I created a media vault, to put some tape that was not using. Getting the media vault tapes and return to the media set? Question 2 I...

Backup Exec 11d rev. 7170 Service Pack 4 Slows down

Help! Backup Exec 11d's Job Rate decreases in speed from 1440MB/min to 100MB/min in the space of 2 hrs. Normally able to backup my 185GB in the space of 6 hrs, the job fails before completion. Task Manager shows no signs of resource issues from othe...

Checking Remaining Space

Hello, I am currently running Windows 2003 Server with Backup Exec 12.5 attached to a Dell tape storage array. I do not see how to check the remaining space on my array.  Is there a way to check it on backup exec?

Be12.5 GRT MSX07

All anybody any idea on the following, have given up with terrible symantec support, please bring back veritas, anyway BE12.5 on Server 2003sp1 backing up  MSX07 on SVR 08 Error invalid mapi credentials Have done the usual, ie admin mail account w...

Limited Access User Account

Have a support issue requirement for a user account that can access the console remotely with READ ONLY access.  Defined restricted users cannot access the media server.  Does anyone know a way to create a user account that can observe (only) jobs on...

Sattler by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BackupExec Dedupe performance / ESX backup

Hi! I have 2 issues with Backup Exec 2010. 1. I've set up dedupe backup to Deduplication Storage Folder on a SAN, according to BE Admin guide with direct access enabled. However, when the backup runs the second time, the job cycles through the ...

enrg by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec VSS

Hi everyone; I've a server with bkexec 12.5. The job run successfully with VSS, but in the event viewer report error on vss (event id 8230 "Failed resolving account administrator with status 1376"). There is a solution for this error? if the job i...

ic by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 12.5

What files are not backed up on server 2008 when doing a full copy backup?

alan74 by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to Configure Backup Exec with Exchange & SQL?

Hello Symantec, Greetings, I am going to install Exchange Server 2007 under EBS 2008. Now I want to take the backup of the following Database:- S.No      Server / Database      Size      Frequency 1.      Exchange mailbox (Kindly advice log fil...

Labels