Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! connect 2 tape library (Sun Storedge L20)

To all, Wish to know if it is possible to connect 2 physical tape library to 1 Server and backup exec can run 2 jobs simultaneously with each of the tape library attached? Reason being is my backup windows is increasing and by connecting 2 tape libr...

KeithLim by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Changing Destination repository locations

Hi, first time poster.... I have a client that is running Backup Exec for Windows Server 2003. I am not familiar with the program. They currently back up to a tape drive unit. They're happy with their backup jobs as written but they want to change to...

Problems connecting to remote server agent

I upgraded to 12.5 SP3 (from 11d) and now when i try to connect to remote servers i can't. When selecting a server i get the logon account prompt which first gives me an error message saying Access Denied. After i choose the correct login name it c...

DJ_XTC by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ratios Explanation

Can someone explain the deduplication ratios?  I don't see anything in the Admin Guide for this and curcious how these numbers are being generated.

Resolved! Upgrade or New Install?

We have BE 12.5 2213 running now backing up to D2D4009 iSCSI, works great! We have started our migration to Exchange 2010 and are trying to figure out best way to get to BE 2010. We downloaded the Beta but are a little hesitant to go ahead and instal...

redirect restore tree from restored folder down

When redirecting a restore to a different location, I want to preserve the tree from the restored folder down. However, when I select Preserve Tree, I get the whole path including the parent folders. How can I make this work?

pdg0306 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels